For those of you who were wondering, yes, Maggie had her puppies....and then some more puppies. When I took her to the doctor, he did an ultrasound and said that she had AT LEAST 3.... Pugs usually have 6 at the most, so you can imagine my surprise when she popped out 10!!!! YES, I said 10! I thought she was going to die. It was a long night. For those of you who have had the priviledge of witnessing puppy birth, you know what I'm talking about when I say it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my entire life, and I will not complain about only carrying one. Everytime a pup came out, she would freak out and run, so I had the choice job of literally pulling every puppy out. She had her first one at about 10 pm and her nineth one at around 3:30 am....we of course thought there COULDN'T be anymore in her, so we watcher her for another hour and then went to bed. 8:30 the next morning, she jumped into our bed with Jim and I and had her 10th one between us IN MY BED!!! That one was still-born and the runt of the litter died two days later. So, I am left with 8 fat perfectly cute and healthy pugs. You know, this all started because Melissa wanted one and I thought, her first litter that was probably all she'd have. Now, Melissa found herself another and I'm left with 8 puppies! No worries, the ad in the paper went out today and I've sold three already. I don't think I'll have a problem getting rid of them. But, I can DEFINATELY say, I'm NEVER breading her again. But, the $4,000 dollars I'll make in the mean time isn't that rough either!
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment