Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Lauren and Lilly's 1st Dance Class

There are some things I have been so excited about having girls for.  One, definately doing their hair.  When Lauren's hair was long enough to put pretties in was one of the highlights of my life.  As dumb as that sounds, I was so excited when I was pregnant and saw Lauren's ultrasound to be able to do her hair and be girly with her.  The second.... putting them in dance class.  My best friend Erika has been asking when Lauren was going to join her class, we decided we'd try it out.  I went and got her dance shoes and clothes, Lilly didn't quite understand that she couldn't go too.  Erika suggested we try her out....and see if she could maintain attention. 
Lauren did great!  She paid attention well and did such a good job.  Lilly....did ok.  Half way through she kept running out to give me updates on what she was doing and about her "star" that she was supposed to be standing on, (keep in mind that I am able to watch the entire class on a monitor).   
Erika said she has had worse so we'll keep trying a little longer.


This is the girls practicing.  It doesn't look like much but a REAL dancer's eye would notice a lot of complicated floor routines.  Of course there is a room full of little girls and their mothers watching.  Oh my girls. 

1 comments:

Rebecca Henrie said...

Way too cute for words!! So glad Erica is teaching dance!! Fun, fun, fun! How was your Christmas? Love ya