Monday, April 12, 2010

Then and now...

Almost exactly a year ago...

...and now

I think back on a year ago and wonder how I survived.  Grocery shopping trips aren't nearly as scary anymore, thankfully I haven't had to clean poop out of my tub for quite a few months now (although Lilly did hand delivery me a nice one now that she knows how to take off her diaper, yea that was a treat), I'm not going to lie to you...going from 3 in diapers to 1 is hot dog awesome, going from wishing Lilly could HOLD her own bottle like Lauren to only having a night time bottle of milk-not formula- is BEYOND awesome, having them play with each other so I can do the exciting things like laundry and dishes is so awesome (the fact that its a PERK to do laundry as long as I can do it without a baby on my hip is something I never thought I'd say--somehow laundry and dishes in the same sentence as perk is a little strange), having TWO kids that can buckle themselves in their carseat instead of putting all three in their carseat and buckling each individually (shoot me now), just the fact that all three are walking instead of only one is wicked awesome, not getting anxiety attacks when I know I have to travel in the car with all three of them crying, not having to strap Lilly to me while I vacume and lying on the floor wishing my back would quit hurting, BEING SCARED TO LEAVE MY HOUSE ALONE, and finally getting to the point where I feel like I'm not SURVIVING my life everyday.  The sad thing is I know I'm going to look back on the days that I "survived" and give anything to have those moments back, to see their cute chubby bums running around the house.  I know I'll miss these days, I'm sure one day I'll miss the days a year ago...but for now I'm SO thankful for a year gone by~

3 comments:

The Schexnayders said...

Your positive attitude is truly an inspiration to me. 3 kids under 5... wow!

Mari Burgess said...

Oh Charise, you're such a sweetheart. I don't think I get credit because A. I didn't do it on purpose and I think you only get credit for being that tough if you purposely did it. And B. you're only seeing the "blogged" moments. I can count on my hand when I had a posative attitude, most days I just survived. You're so sweet to give me credit anyway!

Marylin said...

Mar you amaze me with all you do, not to mention the absolutely fantastic wife and mom that you are!! I can't believe how big they have gotten!! So I will be heading to Vegas in May and I would love to see you either on my way down or my way back!! :) Love and miss you