Dr Grua was really nice. When I walked in he said that he had read his chart that morning and thought that it would be easy and that he had treated a lot of hyperthyroids over the past 20 years. But, he hadn't seen one that felt like I do. He took a lot of blood tests to test the pituatary, the adrenal glands, my thyroid levels...so many tests they had to change arms because the one side ran out of blood...I really thought he would have an answer....everything came back clear. I got that call yesterday morning and it should be good news, right? I cried all morning. For me it was so frustrating to see that my levels were now less than a point high and the day before going my heart had reached 152. Mom called to check on me yesterday afternoon and I told her that Grua said I really should be feeling better soon and that my heart shouldn't be this high anymore and that maybe I should see a cardiologist because he said he had tested everything in his area. Mom said she thought that I could be dehydrated still and that it would speed up my heart...it was worth a try. I got a hold of some IV fluids and the kit to use it, we put 1 liter in and I felt so much better. I got up, helped made dinner, got the kids ready for bed, talked to mom and Michael...when I finally went back to bed after finishing the last two bags my heart was only 107....thats so great. I wasn't nearly as nautious as I had been all day and for the last three weeks. The doctor that gave us the IV kit ordered 10 more so that I could stay on top of it. I'm in a much better mood. I may see the end of this.
Lauren climbed in bed with me to brush my hair...she is so sweet
My bed has an iron canapy thingy around it...it was MADE for a makeshift IV hanging thingy
Friday, January 30, 2009
Update
Posted by Mari Burgess at 3:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My goodness sakes! What is making you dyhrate so easily? Are you still vomiting all the time? I don't understand this at all but glad you are feeling better honey. Aren't we glad we have a couple of nurses in the family and espicially one so close. I love you .
Oh girl I am so glad you are feeling better, you have been on my mind! I hope you continue to get more improved everyday!! Oh and I will be coming to Utah in a couple weeks and I would love to stop in Cedar to see you so let me know if you are gonna be around in the month of Feb! Love ya and thinking of you!
Post a Comment