Friday, April 20, 2018

#KindnessCounts

Back in October I came across a video on FB that talked about an experiment in a women's prison that had a high level of inmate on inmate violence. They created a challenge called the Kindness Games and basically the women performed anonymous acts of kindness for the other inmates and it talked about the incredible difference it made on the prison and how it transformed the inmates.  A High School in California adapted the same project and had similar results.  I got excited and decided to do something for the community through the clinic called Kindness Counts.  It involves all the schools in the school district and basically the school that has the most students that perform acts of kindness get an award at the end of the year.  It has been harder than I thought and more often than not, I have been close to calling it quits.  Till this week when I stumbled upon the most amazing group of women that are taking this project on with me and it is shaping out to be AMAZING.  What a relief.  PHEW!

0 comments: