Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Now I know who to REALLY blame!

Lilly is still proud as peaches that she gave herself her stylish new haircut.  Lauren...feels really bad.  I started noticing pretty soon after that when ever the subject came up she'd put her head down.  Wants me to try and curl it (ya right) and gets really excited when we find something to put in her hair.  So I tried to forewarn everyone that hadn't heard to not mention it because I knew it made her feel bad.  The novelty wore off and we had all moved on.  Last night Kenzie (used to live across the street and is STILL who Lauren claims is her best friend, she's 18 ) came to visit. 

Kenzie: Lauren, did you cut your hair?
Lauren: Yep.  I wanted to look like a boy
Kenzie:  Why?
Lauren:  Because I dis want to go camping, and only boys get to go on Father and Son's.

SAD!!  I wanted to cry!  I knew that she felt bad about not going, I had no idea how much.  From now on we're going to plan a HUGE mother-daughter-date on Father and Son's for anyone who would like to join.

5 comments:

Higbee said...

That is so sad! I definitely think you need to do a mother daughter date next time! :)

Kate Glenn said...

That is so precious to me!!!!

bavancephotos said...

Oh my goodness, that is so sad. I want to come to your mother daughter date!

Nicole said...

That is heart breaking. As much as I am a girly girl, I remember feeling left out too. Awwww... poor girl.

Josh and Camille said...

I am there! Invite me! I'll be your daughter:)