Not too long ago, Josh brought over a darling girl named Melissa (Mo). Something was different about this one, I've seen a lot of girls come and go with Josh but never one that he looked at the way he looked at Mo. And the two of them....two peas in a pod. One day we all went swimming, after we went back to my house and I was telling Lauren to ask them something, I said, " Lauren ask uncle Josh and Aun...uh Mo..." and they both looked at me and laughed. Thats when Josh told me that they were actually about to get engaged.
Josh got the ring, Mo was completely unaware, and wanted me to ask my Mother in law if he could use their beautiful gazebo. I told him one of the things I regret is having no documentation of my engagement, it was just Jim and I so there was no way to video it or get pictures. So he borrowed my camera and had his friends hide, they walked to the gazebo, and on their cue flipped on the lights and videoed Josh asking Mo to marry him.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Josh and Mo's wedding trip
After that day I have gotten to know Mo well enough to love her and so thankful that Josh found her. Josh isn't a typical guy. He never went through that punk rebelious-don't want to be around my family- phase. He has always known who he was and what was right and has always had such a kind heart. Not very many were good enough for my baby brother, she had to have an equally amazing heart for me to be ok with this, and I am more than ok with Mo. They treat each other with such love and respect. I have appreciated their honesty with each other and hope they never lose that.
After the wedding and during the tradition of family pictures on the temple grounds, in the chaos of everything, Lauren went missing. Karen, Sara, and I searched everywhere. She was no where to be found. Finally Karen found her, a lady had seen them in the parking garage and took them into the basement of the temple. Thankfully her cousin Allie (who is 8) took her duty of babysitting her very seriously and stayed with her. She was pretty shook up when we finally found them. She asked her mom at what point she as lost too. I was very grateful she was smart enough to stay with her, Lauren wouldn't have had the sense that Allie did.
It was so weird to see Josh become a married man. It was even more strange for the officiator to refer to Mo as Sister Prisbrey. It was so fun to be there. Heather even unhooked herself
from her permanent IV bedridden state to be there. ...That wasn't to say she didn't throw up in the temple, poor thing. I felt so bad
for her.
Looking good Josh
Mo had a bowl of gold fish at every table along with a three tiered fountain that had em as well. Quite the hit with the little kids, Connor was soaked from head to toe by the end of the night. I tried and tried to get Scott to swallow one, I even offered money....no dice. I tried for a solid 30 min, still no dice. Hanna said, "I will!" And without any hesitation, grabbed one and swallowed it whole...
I told her to hurry and drink water...give the fish a fighting chance! And mostly I wanted to see if she could feel it wiggle in her belly!
Josh....and everyone else for that matter....was quite surprised that HANNA did it.
Scott you panty waist.
I was super excited to wear my new Mother's Day shoes Bev got me...
..However I quickly found out why they were on sale...ouch
...No, Lauren didn't catch it but the girl who did could not resist Lauren's puppy eyes when she asked if she could have them.
Oh Lauren the things you'll get away with soon.
Sam was a champ the entire trip. He was perfectly content. He wasn't sure how he felt about being passed from stranger to stranger, and his cute face showed it. I love his grown up expressions!
..But he and Misty discussed his feelings on the matter and became quick buddies.
We made the NEWly weds a reservation at the same hotel we were all at. I wondered at the time if we should have specified to put them on the furthest floor in the most opposite end of the hotel than us. The morning after the wedding, I get a knock on the door and there standing at the door was Josh and Mo...looking completely unamused. Josh says, "Really....REALLY?!" I told him I had no idea what he was talking about, he told me that even though I thought it was funny, they didn't get the humor in placing them in the ROOM RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO US! I laughed and laughed, told him that I was sorry but I wouldn't have inflicted that on myself, let alone the two of them. They said they showed up the night before, thought they could hear Lauren and Lilly's voices and after listening to our adjoining walls realized to their horror that we occupied the room next to them. I told him (as I'm laughing to the point of peeing my pants) that although I was sorry they were aware of that fact, I was ETERNALLY grateful that they kept that fact to themselves. Ew.
We took advantage of the weekend trip to SLC and spend saturday at Lagoon with the kids, Michael Johnson and his girls came along. It was so fun.
This was where Sam spent the majority of the day. Man I have a strong back after 4 kids.
...The first two casualties of the day
I get asked more and more whether they are twins or not. Lilly is gradually catching up in size. The kids were so good. For the most part the weather was great. Such a fun trip. Now if someone can invent a way to bipass the car ride to and from SLC we'd be set.
Posted by Mari Burgess at 8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Mari - you have great stories to go with your pictures. Way to journal for us all. I am SO happy to be related to a great family! What an awesome addition we have on our family tree! Love ya!
Post a Comment