Monday, February 28, 2011

Sam Joseph Burgess

I've decided I have a new appreciation for women who just GO into labor.  Being induced or having your water break takes all the guess work out of whether you're in active labor and should go in.  Wednesday night I got woken up with pretty intense contractions but I was determined not to be fooled.  So I laid there counting and breathing through them till around 1 am.  I just kept saying, "OK...if the NEXT one hurts that much I'll go in, OK....the NEXT one for sure."  I went in alone, no need to alarm anyone if nothing is happening.  My contractions were consistent and 3-5 min apart but were doing nothing.  They did move him down and softened me some, but other than that....nothing.  I was so irritated with my body.

The next day (Thursday) the contractions kept on coming and were getting pretty regular and way close together.  I had done a friend of mine's hair later that day and I had a hard time standing up, but there was no way I was going to be fooled again so I just kept doing my daily stuff.  Feeling pretty over it. 

That night I went to dinner and half way through I knew I was going somewhere but I STILL didn't want to get fooled again, so I  boxed all the food up and I called Annie and told her I was heading to her house to confirm before I went to Labor and Delivery again.  We made it to main street and I told him to go to the hospital instead. 

Grandparents were headed out of town and he started to call them as I was changing.  I told him to hang up the phone (as I'm crying and trying to breath through them) until we knew FOR SURE I was having this baby.  He ignored me.  The nurse came in and said that it was the day and we geared up.  I walked in the hospital at 6:30 pm, Sam was born at 10.  It was awesome.  I got the epidural in more than enough time, at about 9:30 I was checked and said that I was a 5.  Around 10 I started feeling my contractions through my epidural, not horrible but could definitely feel them.  She checked me and said, "Oh....we're done"   I knew she was serious when she looked at my mom and said, "Now...if the doctor doesn't make it we'll be ok, we'll go ahead and deliver him."

Fast, painless, and I'm so loving having him here.  





 Poor thing came too fast like Lauren and bruised his face.  Took the midnight shoot a little too quick!
 My kids were fighting over holding this child.  I have become a little more nervous about Sam surviving his siblings.  Lauren's tried to feed him an orange twice, Lilly is determined to pick him up, and Con....well everyone is just a bit excited. 



 Josh's fiance Melissa's family came to town, poor people will probably not be returning.  Their timing was not great, instead of enjoying the trip here to visit their daughter, they went with my mom, along with my female family members and CLEANED MY HOUSE!  I could've killed them!  How amazing are they?




 Lilly LOVED coming to the hospital to hang out with mom and baby Sam.  She was super excited to lay in bed with me.

So glad he's here, safe and healthy.  Such a blessing and I'm so grateful for my 4 sweet babies.

13 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

What a precious little guy! Congrats!

Candi and Skeet said...

I am so excited for you guys! He is soo cute! I have some stuff for him and you but Skeet just came down with something nasty so I may not be able to bring it over myself. I'll either wait til I know I don't have it or have my mom or Charise deliver it for me! Congratulations!!! So, so happy for you!

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

What a great post and pictures. Isn't it so wonderful that we are so blessed! what a handsome little guy he is. I love seeing the pictures of the kids holding him. the wonder in their little expressions says so much. It is truly a miracle! We love you and will see you soon. Xoxoxxo

Trina and Wes said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see him in person. Glad to hear that everything went smoothly.

M. Foster said...

i cant' believe you have four kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Schexnayders said...

He is precious! Im so happy for you and your family!

Dolly said...

Incredible pictures and story! We send our love and best wishes for little Sam and your family:) Big hugs-The Roy Family

Kate Glenn said...

Oh Mari he is PRECIOUS PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations I am ALSO coming down with a cold so I will stay clear for a couple of days. And you look fantastic in your pics....So NOT FAIR LOL!!!!

Mikkel said...

Sounds like it was a breeze! That's awesome! I love the name Sam. Congrats!

Mari Burgess said...

Thanks everyone....and thankyou Candi and Katie for not wanting to bring sick to my house....there were SOOOO many sick babies in the NICU that it has given me a complex! Hope to see you all soon!

Britt said...

Congrats. He is beautiful and yes.. it is a blessing when labor goes fast. I've yet to experience that. But guess what?!?!? I'm pregnant again. I pray that I do'nt have a miscarriage this time, because I'm ready for another one. P.S. If your up to you you should come see the Twist show and visit me and hang out with me. I miss you!

ak studio & design said...

Congrats Mari! Hope everything is good good.

Emily Clark said...

cute cute cute!!!! I cant WAIt to see him! loved your story! and you look amazing...but that is nothing new ;)