Tuesday, February 15, 2011

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

On one hand it is mighty nice having my kids early, I have heard the last 2-3 weeks of pregnancy suck, but not knowing when to get ready and pack is a little annoying.  Since I had Connor at 35 weeks I figured I better be safe than sorry.  I remember with Connor, I had gone in for high blood pressure not thinking that they would induce me so I went alone, only to be told I was having a baby that day.  Wasn't going to fall for that one again....I made sure I was READY!  So I packed my bag and went down to the store room to get my car seat.  Remember that cat that met his demise in my house??  Well, consequently, I found his hiding place.  The car seat.  It was full of hair, nasty who knows what, and blood (No I have no idea where that came from), it was disgusting.  So, of course I dumped disinfectant all over it and washed the cover 3 times.  SO grose. 

There are so many aspects about pregnancy I am going to miss.  I LOVE feeling him kick, roll, and shimmy around.  It is the part that I miss immediately after delivery.  It is the one aspect I wish I could help someone else understand, but on the same hand I love that it is just mine.  I love the anticipation of wondering what he'll look like, how much hair he'll have, how the kids will react, and I can't wait to snuggle him on my chest.  I am so excited to smell his neck and (don't think I'm weird) his newborn poop.  I love it.  Its nostalgic.  Its so newborn and it reminds me of my other kids.  I'm excited to see Connor's baby clothes on another baby from 5 years ago, I'm excited to get to know him and watch him grow and learn.  I CANNOT WAIT to be able to see my feet again, be able to bend over painLESSly to pick up toys, be able to clean my house without feeling like I just ran a marathon, get rid of my swollen hands and big cheeks, not feeling like I'm suffocating, NOT PEEING EVERY 5 MINUTES, Heartburn, having to constantly eat, struggling to get out of bed and off the couch, to hopefully be done with the gestational diabetes, and all the other lovely lovely joys that come with this experience.

All in all, it hasn't been horrible.  The 2 and half year break made a big difference on how I've physically reacted to this pregnancy.  I can't believe its almost here.  I'm so ready!

1 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Finally feel like I can do a little bit. So glad to catch up on all you kid's blogs. I too am happy this little guy is about ready and you will soon be smelling all those sweet smells again. Love you honey.