About a year ago, Lilly was in the stage of mimicking everything I did. Motions, sounds, all of it. I was trying to pack up something I had bought from Amazon.com and was busy putting the pieces where they fit and all that. She of course was doing the same, as she "talked" on my brand new phone I had gotten a week earlier. I'd turn around and take out the shoes, socks, toilet paper, and everything else she could contribute to the package. I hurried and taped it up, sent it on its way.
Later in the day I realized I couldn't find my phone. I looked everywhere. Then I stopped, got a vivid image of my sweet little 1 yr old talking on it as she was putting random stuff in and I knew exactly where it was....I had sent it to Amazon.com. I called them, and in a very embarressed voice tried to explain my situation. The guy laughed and said, "OK...and what exactly do you want me to do?" I'm sure he's laughing knowing how many packages are going in and out, basically letting me know that someone was going to get a "golden ticket."
I was pretty bummed. I had just bought a brand new memory card for it, and if any of you know me...my schedule and life is on my phone. I am never without it...aside from church which is the reason dear President Yardley why I am rarely at Relief Society functions...cause I don't have my phone with me to remind me of when such events are. I literally have to not only put my schedule in my phone, but I even have to put reminders in it to "go home" when I know I'm going to be running errands and lose track of timed, leaving the babysitter late for school. SO needless to say, I was devastated.
But of course, time goes on as it always does and I've had a few new phones since then. Well...a few days ago I get a call from Ohio.
"Hello? Mam? Did you lose a phone?"
Apparently when you send something back, I'm sure depending on the product, they are sometimes shipped directly to a liquidation warehouse which is where my package AND phone sat for the last year until this fine gentlemen bought it and found my phone....and SENT IT TO ME! I begged him to let me pay for shipping, he said that the story was entertainment enough and that he was happy to return it.
It makes me feel good that there is hope for this poor wicked world. That a stranger, in Ohio, would go through the trouble to track down a scatter-brained mother and return a brand new phone.
4 comments:
Yet another very entertaining story! I love it!
I love it!! Stuff like this never happens to me! So great!
I can't believe you got your phone back after all that!! That is hilarious!!
THAT was so cool to read:) Warms your heart to know there are still kind people in the world!
Post a Comment