Thursday, September 09, 2010

The Paci Fairy Came!


It doesn't take long around my girls to be very aware of their Paci obsession.  Usually Lauren has as many as she could fit in her hand at once, alternating them like they had their own little flavor.  I've dreaded the day we had to "misplace" the pacis.

I took them all and cut them so that they didn't suck anymore.  Lilly ran up to me holding it up, "Broken mom!  Not working!" Lauren let me know the same tragedy had struck hers as well.  So I told them that the Paci Fairy could come if they hung them from the tree out front.  They were pretty excited. 

Through out they day if I couldn't find the girls,
I knew where to look...

..they'd sneak back out front for a "fix on a string!"


The next morning Lauren and Lilly went out to find a card hanging where their precious paci's used to be. 

It read:
"Dear Lauren and Lilly...thank you so much for the Pacies!  I especially like when their broken, my kids like to build forts out of them!  Please share your surprise with your brother Connor, he's a good brother and helped you hang them up for me to find!  I hid your present in the garage!  Thanks again,
The Paci Fairy

Let me tell you...had I known that it would've been this easy to get them off the pacies I wou'd've done it sooner!  Lauren never asked for them again, Lilly did a few times only bevause seh liked hearing me tell her once again about the paci fairy.  But over all, was not bad!  YAY!  No more hunting the house at bedtime, no more listening to these two fight to the DEATH over them, no more listening to Lauren try and talk with one in her mouth..no more!  Wooo Hooo!  Thank you Paci Fairy!

1 comments:

Dolly said...

That is so sweet and such a great idea:) My Chabs refused to give up her paci-till we told that the babies at the hospital needed one. I have a picture of her staring in the nursery-saying goodbye to her precious paci. The nurse whispered, "We really can't GIVE them this!". I said, "No? Really?!":)

*Wish we had done the paci-fairy instead!!!