Saturday, June 05, 2010

Speechless


I cannot stop thinking about this and wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.  So my friend Candi Houston, the one Beckie and I wrote "Letter From Avery" for, got this comment on her blog (I hope this is OK with you Candi)

So I found this comment when I logged on to my blog this morning. At first I was mad and hurt but then I just felt sorry for this person. How cruel and stupid does a person have to be to go around looking for blogs to leave incredibly rude and opinionated comments on. This person (I only know as Beee, too much of a coward to leave their name) really just seems pathetic and sad. How closed minded can one person be?


"OK, I have read enough and wanted to say that not only do you seem so incredibly fake, but delusional as well. You think that baby was a gift to you? Are you nuts? Whether you care to face it or not, that baby suffered prenatally because of YOUR selfishness to force the issue of bearing a child. You messed with Mother Nature and needlessly bore a child whose fate was predetermined through physiological and medical complications. I just don't get people like you who know in advance that you are unlikely candidates to become natural parents and then attempt to have fertility doctors wave a magic wand. Get real. There is nothing heavenly about this, but undoubtedly you will continue to spread your BS about a blessing from god. You should have pursued adoption INSTEAD...from the beginning.


I know you won't post this, but at least you'll read it, sickos!!"


All I can say is that I KNOW Avery was a gift and her condition had NOTHING to do with how she was conceived. Infertility is a disease and those of us that suffer from it have every right to use modern medicine to try to correct it. Just like those who are born with or develop other diseases have a right to use whatever means necessary to correct it. No, my condition is not life threatening and I am not comparing it to that in any way. As a woman I believe I have a right to try to carry a child of my own. Just like the heroine addict who gets knocked up every year or so and brings children into this world who are negatively affected by her drug use. I don't want to get too much into this... I just thought that my friends out there would get a kick out of this comment. I do however want to state again, that I am 100% for adoption and if it weren't so incredibly expensive and such an emotionally, mentally and financially draining process (even more so than IVF in my opinion), I would have done that right away. It makes me sad to think that there are so many children out there in need of homes and the process and the cost keep loving, deserving people from helping them. I hope I do get the opportunity to adopt someday.


And to Beee... whoever you are... I didn't ask you to visit my blog. Nor did I ask you to read my blog OR agree with my decisions. Keep your opinions to yourself. Like we have all heard time and time again "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I stand by my decision to do IVF and I know my daughter will be mine forever...that is all that matters!

I am seriously so mad I'm fuming.  I cannot believe someone could be so heartless and inhumane to write that!!  To a perfect stranger, and obviously missing the facts.  I've never understood the kind of person who has the audacity to write something so mean and hurtful.  I can't imagine the pain of losing a baby, and I ABSOLUTELY cannot imagine the horror of someone telling me that I had purposely inflicted it and that I made her suffer because of my selfishness.  Its kind of like the comments that readers posted on the Spectrum after the father had accidentally run over his 4 year old son with the back hoe a few years ago because he didn't know that he had followed him there, didn't see or hear him (he was building a house down the street from where they were living) and someone posted about how negligent and selfish this father was and how ashamed he should be of himself.  I am in no way comparing these two because Candi didn't have control or had anything to do with Avery's condition, I just can't understand how someone can refuse to use a little empathy and try to understand how that father must be feeling and how on earth would that help??  How could you have the heart to kick somone after suffering so much.  Some people are so ugly, so so ugly.  Why not save yourself the next time and physically rip out Candi's heart or at least kick her directly in the stomache, it'll save time and be a whole lot less painful.

2 comments:

Marylin Kelley said...

OOOOO that makes me so angry!! The only solace is knowing that all that hurtful energy that person is inflicting on others will come right back to them!!

Candi and Skeet said...

Thank you Mari! I love to have you on my side!! I loved your comment on my blog in reply to this. You are the best really... I love you!