Jeff was doing a 100 mile bike ride and wanted company, enlisted Jim who has been working on his biking endurance for months. Didn't help that the day before he did something weird and in the middle of the night got the WORST pain in his neck and couldn't move. Took him 45 minutes to get out of bed. I doubt he even remembers this trip with the amount of Loratab he was forced to down. It was beautiful and the weather was incredible. Each of us had these little cottages and this amazing putting green and pool was right outside our door. Lots of gorgeous grass and perfect sidewalks for the kids to ride their bikes and remember what the sunshine felt like. 
If you're wondering why I look like such an idiot looking for the mother ship to finally call me home, I was looking at which direction the sun was facing for optimum "Ha ha you were left in snowy Cedar City and I got to lay in the sun and get this amazing tan!! Which didn't happen, but was a good thought" sun tan
Jaxon would do this weird thing where he'd fill up his goggles with chlorine water and look out em all bug eyed. Although incredibly entertaining, it freaked me out...I kept waiting for his eyes to burn out of his head
Lilly spent most of her time with my or anyone else's phone saying, "Hewow?? Ah...ah ah...uh bye!"
We went to this cool kids discovery museum and they had this actual VW bug for the kids to paint. They thought it was awesome
Jaxon would do this weird thing where he'd fill up his goggles with chlorine water and look out em all bug eyed. Although incredibly entertaining, it freaked me out...I kept waiting for his eyes to burn out of his head
Lilly spent most of her time with my or anyone else's phone saying, "Hewow?? Ah...ah ah...uh bye!"
We went to this cool kids discovery museum and they had this actual VW bug for the kids to paint. They thought it was awesome

We came home from this museum and the housekeeper was still there making our bed. Lauren ran right up to her, tugged her shirt and said, "Are you making my bed?" She answered, "Si, si!" Lauren hugged her leg and in the sweetest most thankful way said, "Thank you! Thank you so much!"
Usually when we stay at hotels, we split up and I sleep with the girls and Jim sleeps with Con. In the middle of the night, Connor woke up with a nightmare that a squirrel fish was in his bed. Jim was knocked out, so I hurried and switched him and Lauren before he woke up Lilly. I was trying to go back to bed, had my back to him and was half awake reassuring him that it was just a dream, wasn't real, sometimes we see things that aren't real when we are dreaming. He was finally catching on and awake enough to believe me. He says, "So its not real?"
Me: "Nope"
Con: "So does that mean that the huge spider on your back isn't real either?"
Of course he had to say spider, HUGE spider...not a squirrel fish that was OBVIOUSLY not real, had to be a spider. I couldn't react....I rolled HEAVILY over to my other side, non chalantly rubbing my back as secretly as I could...."Uh...nope not real,"
He says, "Oh...cause its HUGE"
He liked to pretend he was stuck, it was apparently funnier in person now that I'm typing it
We went to the zoo one day,

I spent most of the day pulling Lauren out or off the fence....everything was either a cute puppy (wolves) and cute kitties (bob cats, leopards, and all the other predator cats that would eat her in one big gulp) Apparently she really wanted to believe they'd continue lying around in a lazy fashion and she could just cuddle right along with em! This was them watching the snake devour a mouse...apparently they thought it was amusing! And I was worried about it traumatizing em...apparently I was wrong!
I'm struggling to take this pic of the kids on the carousel because think that taking Lilly was CHILD ABUSE for how she was reacting. She HATED it

Why do they have to have these novelty items at the END of the zoo! When you're hot, tired, over it and the LAST thing Connor has intentions of doing is leaving. They had this MASSIVE train station/ village that was amazing. Tons of tiny trains, tracks, cars, towns, houses, etc and he was NOT leaving


2 comments:
How fun! I can't wait for the warm weather to get here!! Poor Connor and his nightmares about bugs in his bed!! Your kids are sure cute!
So, I couldn't help but notice how you didn't EVEN MENTION the fact that your overweight brother-in-law ALSO joined in on this big fat bike ride..
That hurts...
Post a Comment