Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A little late, but wanted to blog this anyway...

You know you've got a good friend when you're dad has been HOUNDING you to show him an actual nasty Jeruselem Cricket that you had recently discovered and she brings you one!  Kristin read my blog about finding these bugs and since she's never seen or heard of them before, called me when she encountered one at WalMart and I BEGGED her to go back and capture it so I could show my dad since the only ones I was finding were their nasty carcaus' on my front porch and was unsuccessful in finding an actual live one, not that I was really sad about that...and after much persistance, she brings it to me in a fruit snack box/ WalMart bag!! 




Kristin you seriously rock in so many ways, I love you and all, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done it for you!  NO offense!  It was seriously so funny, I'm standing way by the front door zooming in because I was WAY too scared to get closer and she is doing all the work.  We were both FREAKING out trying to slide him out of the fruit snack box.  Laughing that she really did it!

4 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

OMIGOSH! I had completely forgotten about this... yeah, seriously SO disgusting. But, that's how much I love you Mari. :) Hope your dad liked it.

Jeanine said...

I am shuddering even looking at the picture of that thing! UGH I hate bugs/spiders/crawling things etc!

Marylin Kelley said...

Oh my gosh that is sooo nasty!! I have never heard of these! What is there purpose?? Dang I am gonna google that!

Scott and Misty said...

I'm just happy to see you post! You're definately slowing down now that you have three and I have to laugh about all the times you've told me that I haven't updated my blog forever! Cute, cute kids!