Jill... why haven't you called me to repentance? I feel like I've been running so fast that I haven't posted in forever. So...we're just going to do a big random post.
Connor and Lauren love to be the first in to see Lilly when she wakes up. Ususally Lauren runs in with her sweetest little Lauren voice saying, "Uh Morning, Wiwwy...uh morning (good morning Lilly)"
Speaking of Lauren...its almost like she's finally figured out that she was jipped out of the whole "baby experience." She wants more paci's, more bottles, and wants to take anything or do anything Lilly is doing at the moment. This is a "tube-of-fun" as Jim calls it, apparently she was tired.
Aside from the scaryness of her rockin bedhead, this baby girl wakes up EVERY morning with this sweet smile, she is a BALL of sunshine in the morning...she did NOT aquire that trait from her mother. I usually stumble to the bathroom in the morning, with her in tow asking me "Uh doin mom? Uh doin?" And of course she won't stop till I answer. I turn on the shower, de-clothe and she says, "Mom...no pee pee on the floor mom...no no!" Thats usually what I tell her when I get her undressed for the tub or just getting her out.
Connor is such a sweet boy these days, but he's trying to work his way through this whole no nap thing. Especially in the summer, he runs ragged and crashes like this.
Apparently a comfy place to sleep!
One day he was determined to wear his hood all day, to keep his head warm. Mind you its 95+ degrees out, but who can argue with a 3 year old? He looks like Smeegle on Lord of the Rings
This is one of my favorite pictures Emily took... I love while Lauren is feeding Lilly her ice cream, Connor is licking his lips like..."Its good, isn't it Lilly?"
I can't wait to see these three as they get older. Now that Lilly is getting around more and doesn't want to play with me as much as them, they are so cute togther. Don't get me wrong, they have their moments of "SERENITY NOW!!" but are all in all sweet kids
Its so funny to me to see the Dejavu between Lilly and Lauren, I was just putting Lauren in that sink with Connor in the other...oh wait...it wasn't that long ago!
Every day I'm so thankful for the cousins that are so close. This was right before the last powell trip and Connor got a pole for his birthday. Why the helmets while they're practicing, I don't know. Maybe it helps the cast. Who knows
One of the bigger experiences lately, was Connor's first stitches. This will go down as one of my least favorite experiences as a mother so far. Having to hold him down to sew his GAPING hole was not my favorite. I was walking Jace's fiance (they're getting married July 25) out and Connor was running in, tripped on the cement stair and smacked his eye on the next step. He was crying, I didn't realize how bad it was till I moved his hand and there was this GAPING hole under his eye. After they stitched him up, mom asked if they checked to make sure he didn't brake any bones, I told her there was no need....you could SEE his facial bones. It was disgusting. But like he said, "mom...I was so big and brave!" This picture doesn't give it justice, but he was definately not wanting me to take it so it was the best we could do.
For the parade, the kids dressed up like clowns and rode their bikes down main street. They thought they were pretty cool. Its so fun to see them get old enough to do things like this.
So Jace's fiance Cassie is one of the sweetest and most soft hearted girl I've ever met. She will be SUCH an asset to this family. She asked me to do her hair and makeup. I was a bit nervous because she really didn't know what to ask for and I didn't want her to look anything but how she wanted to. She had gone to the lake and had gotten burned so I made her put this mask on after I set her hair, (I'm sure hoping she's OK with this being on the internet for the world to see!). As soon as I can I'll post the after pictures from her bridal shoot with Karl Hugh because let me tell you, she looked STUNNING. I lost a bit of sleep over wanting to make sure she looked the way she wanted to, and I was literally in tears when it all came together.
I think that may be it. As for me, I'm just plugging along. As far as my thyroid update...I just had it checked last month and they gave me the all clear. I am off all meds and have been for about 2 months. I've lost a bit more, I don't know if maybe after all is said and done my metabolism is a little screwy...I'm definately not complaining about my built in Jenny Craig system, but it is a little worrysome. As long as its nothing other than that I'm fine with it. I usually feel pretty fine. So thats it...hopefully I'll do better with my blogging mission!
Friday, July 17, 2009
Slacking...
Posted by Mari Burgess at 2:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the pic of the kids dressed like clowns... that is so cute!
Oh gosh I miss you so much!! Love your kids and all the pics! Great Post! I agree the clowns are too awesome for words! Glad that you are doing better and gosh darn did I say already that I missed you?!?! :) Love ya girl! :)
Mari-This is Cam and Nick's Mom (Dolly)...I just found your blog and wanted to say hello:) Your family is just beautiful and we love all the pictures of your kids. I sent a link to Cam (He's in Germany right now). *My boys think you and your hubby are the BEST thing- next to sliced bread! Please drop by our blog anytime...♥
Maridar, that means maridarling you know, thanks for a great update. I love you and come see me at your mom's. We will be here for a few days. Grandpa is helping the Michael do the trailer. It is looking good. I love you you know. xoxoxox
Post a Comment