Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Lauren...oh Lauren

This child has made a personal goal of giving me a heart attack. I took the girls with me and mom to go on a Cost Co run. We got home, I had just gotten Lilly out of her car seat and while I was gone taking Lilly in the house, Lauren monkey'd to the front seat like she usually does so that she has a chance to play with the steering wheel and blinker till I can come grab her. As I was walking to the driver side front door, I closed the passenger door shut knowing I would get her out of the driver door...I heard a click. She locked me out, obviously with my keys in the ignition. Before you have a heart attack yourself grandma, no she can't turn the keys and doesn't know how to turn the car on, (believe me I tried for 20 minutes to get her to get the keys out hoping she could push the unlock button on the keys...no dice. She didn't even know where or what they were), and yes...my spare keys were in the diaper bag in the backseat...thanks for the suggestion. I tried everything. She's done this once before to me right after the play group with Lilly in the backseat, but it only took like 5-10 minutes for me and Jayme to get her to push the unlock button. I tried for 30 minutes before finally calling Jim. She was having FAR too much fun to do it. She did push it a few times, or at least it looked like she was pushing it, but it wouldn't work. I think maybe the blinker and headlight games made the battery run low and it wasn't working as well... whatever it was, she was in the car for an hour. Fun


..After trying for 45 minutes, Jim and I finally called the locksmith.


For those of you thinking that my priorites should be getting her out, not videoing it so I could blog it later, I didn't get the camera till I knew I was probably going to have to call the locksmith so I may as well document it so I can get back at her when she's older....clearly thats a must!

5 comments:

Marylin said...

Oh MY GOSH!! Little stink!! Grace has done that before!! Oh and I love that you got this recorded!! :)

Ashworth Clan said...

Oh my heavens sakes! She just did not care one bit about getting out of there. How funny!! Good luck with that one Mar! You gotta love em':)

Trina and Wes said...

Too Funny!

Jason & Claire said...

Mari! It's Claire. The last time I saw you I was on my first date with Jason...do you remember that? PS- We got married;) I'm so excited to find your blog. I'm private so send me your email so I can send you an invite;)

claireleavittscott@gmail.com

Jason & Claire said...

PS- your family is BEAUTIFUL!