PICTURE TAG!
Here are the rules.
1. Go to my documents/pictures.
2. Go to my 6th file folder.
3. Go to my 6th picture.
4. Blog about it.
5. Tag 6 people to do the same.
This picture means a lot to me right now. My brother is struggling severly in his life and my siblings along with my parents have gotten together to try and mend our family. My parents are divorced and its not a mend for their sake so much as a mend for all of our sakes. Divorce is such a hard situation that never goes away, but lately (and this is going to sound weird and I hope that it doesn't offend anyone) I've been so thankful for the experiences in my life that have made me ME. I don't think I would change any of them....honestly. I look at the way that it has molded me and in this moment, I feel so thankful. I am so thankful for the chance we've had to mend our family. We've never EVER talked about what happened almost 20 years ago, besides issues we had been through before that and it has been theraputic (ha ha Scott! I'm saying that word too now!) to see everyone else's perspectives and to understand eachother a little better. I feel like I KNOW my family now so much better and I am so so proud of each and every one of them and can say that I have such a solid and strong family where I doubted that before. Again, I apologize for the emotional baggage this blog carries to unsuspecting readers. I am using it for me and I know sometimes that requires giving a little too much personal information. I want my siblings to know how proud I am of them, how thankful I am for them, and that I love them. I want my parents to know how proud of them I am, how brave they are, how much I respect and honor them for the sacrifices they made for us, especially the silent sacrifices which were the hardest to make. I hope they know I recognize now more than ever what they did for us and am so thankful.....and thank you Kristen for tagging me! That really was the picture! Ha ha!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Tagged
Posted by Mari Burgess at 3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for your post! I love that picture and your honesty! I too am grateful for the trials and stuff that have help mold me!! Love ya
Hey it is your "doll" here! I seriously love your blog. I love that you take the baggage from life and realize that it makes you-you. That is an awesome quality. So last night I forgot to tell you and Jayme that I turned my blog private. send me an email so I can send you an invite jeanine_parson@hotmail.com
Post a Comment