This is the result of Lauren REFUSING to hold my hand down my moms cement steps because she is a big girl now.
I was always a stubborn child growing up. After I grew out of it somewhat I was always scared that mom's prediction would come true that I would "Get Mine" through my children. Connor came so sweet, submissive and patient that I knew it wasn't him. Lauren....is it. Don't get me wrong, this child is one of the sweeter ones and she is such a joy to be around, but she is a stubborn thing. I don't know if stubborn is the right word, more independant or not liking when something is either not the way it should or someone tells me that I can't do something. It really bothers me.
I chewed my nails till they were bleeding CONSTANTLY till my mom told me when I was about 14 years old that I couldn't quit...
When I was 8 yrs old I was at the pool with my siblings and everyone was going off the high dive. I was terrified of going. Heather bribed me with playing with her dolls in her box, Adam with treats...it wasn't until Scott told me I couldn't that I went, slipped on the top step and did a face plant on the cement below...knocked me out and gave me stitches on my chin....I tried the DAY my dad took them out and fell again, this time on my butt. They took the high dive down after that.
I used to be way ticklish...you could look at me cross-eyed and I'd start laughing. My dad told me that you can't control it, I decided I wasn't going to be ticklish anymore and you can ask Jim...I'm not. Not my feet, arms, nothing.
The rest of these have nothing to do with being stubborn but I Jim thinks its entertaining that....
-I will not touch anyone's nose...they FREAK me out. I'll touch my kids' noses... thats it. If you want to freak me out, thats how
-I am a fanatic about eyelashes. I have horrible eyelashes and will sit for an hour trying to make them work with mascara. If I can't get them to work, I'll wash my face and start all over.
-I have to sleep on the left side of the bed, whether at home or otherwise. I cannot fall asleep on the right side.
-One of my worst fears is throwing up in public. When I was pregnant, especially with Connor, I lived in mortal fear of it happening....I even swallowed it back down when I was at CostCo with Bev and the girls. That took some doing.
- I can't STAND loud eaters...drives me crazy, like scratching on a chalk board crazy, which actually doesn't bother me.
-I can't sleep with my make up on.
-I can't stand the sound of James Taylor's voice...can't stand it.
-I can't listen to recordings of myself, I cringe. It sounds so different outside of my head...that can't be good
-I'm obsessed with mermaids...I was always obsessed when I was younger but still am. I even record those dumb shows on the Disney Channel if I think they'll show them...imagine my dissapointment when I saw that movie "mermaids" with Cher and Wynona Ryder...down right misleading
-I hate Salmon and trout, really anything that swims...but I'll try it every time my mom makes it because it always looks good, then I heave and gag
-I totally have road rage. I've told Jim if I could have a big neon bird sign that I could flip up and down when the horn just isn't cutting it, I totally would. I especially hate when people tail into the intersection to turn to get ahead of the light....makes me mad.
-I love doing dishes, HATE emptying the dishwasher (Kristen, you and I should get together!! She is the opposite)
-I can't even kill an ant without picturing its family I'm taking it from...literally makes me feel really bad. Forget mice. I can't stand when things hurt, I hit a bunny on the way home from the show one night and cried all the way home. I can't purposely hurt anything.
- I love watersports, but I'm afraid of what I think may be in there, I won't get in the ocean unless its like the water in Hawii and I can see down. (I thought I was really bad till my friend Jill told me she has to clap as she jumps in the lake so that they know shes coming and swim away--I'm laughing so hard as I'm typing this, I think thats so funny)
Thats all I can think of...Jim can probably add some. I hope everyone is a little weird.
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
My poor stubborn little girl....like mother like daughter
Posted by Mari Burgess at 3:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Okay Mari...you can come do my dishes and I'll come empty your dishwasher...it's a deal! :)
Kristin
Oh Mari I'm dying right now reading this! I'm glad other people are as crazy as I am! haha
Soo.. It is people like you that get high dives closed down.... For shame Mari... For Shame!!
Post a Comment