Friday, December 12, 2008

Flash Back Friday

I moved to Logandale NV the summer before 1st grade. I knew Brooke before we moved because my dad and Brooke's dad were in Rookie school together, Jacki I met soon after and Heidi moved a little while later to the Valley. These girls were my very best friends growing up and we spent every day together, got into a lot of trouble, did a lot of stupid things and loved every minute of it! After I moved to Cedar when mom remarried, I lost Jacki. Brooke called me last week and told me she found her. I talked Jacki into coming and staying with me from Sunday to Wednesday, it was the first time I had seen her in 15 years. Brooke came up monday night and we all went to dinner together


Then we all went back to my house and ate treats and played phase 10. This one looks like one of us tooted, (I feel funny saying toot, but Jim doesn't like the word Fart so we'll go with it). I don't think we did at that point, but it looks like that.


Leave it to Brooke to pose with her leg in the air...nice! As you can see by how red my face is I was laughing SOOOO hard. Poor Jim probably felt like he was hanging out with a bunch of 14 yr olds....

Heidi came up the next day, did our hair (SUCH an amazing job). Then of course we played phase 10 again, this time at the table and a little more civilized.

Now, I know the rules of flash back friday, you have to have old pictures. I don't have any of us, I know they are out there, but probably at my mom's house. So, I dug up my old 7th grade year book, right before I moved and found these. I don't know how Jacki didn't sign my year book, but maybe she did on a page I couldn't find...
This one's Brooke's

This one doesn't apply, his name is Jimmy Bledsoe and Brooke Married him, I had to include it because he must HATE this picture! So awesome! Didn't think that whole, "I'm going to play the flute thing even though I'm a boy" thing through...

This one's Heidi's

Thank you for being there for me when I needed it most, thank you for incredible memories, thank you for giving me best friends for life.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

How fun, I saw Becky Bartle at Costco today and she told me you had had a great time together. Keep checking the family blog. Since we are doing whatever Fridays. Love you

Marylin said...

Great flashback!! Love the old picture! I played the flute too!! Oh and I forgot to ask what is the name of the place we are staying? :)