There's nothing I enjoy more than finding smashing deals at thrift stores or NPS with either Aunt Venita or Heather, it seriously gives me the biggest rush that I am sticking it to the man! So, I was up north a couple of weeks ago, just for the day, and Venita and I were killing time at NPS. I really hadn't found anything exciting until Venita came across this bag. I have been looking for a good bag, especially one thats a duffle bag but has the advantages of a suitcase. So, we find this bag. Venita and I look at the price and see that its $20 (which we later found out would be around $100 plus). So, we're checking the zippers, the wheels, the material for holes...anything that would explain the price. Finally, when we had realized that there really wasn't anything wrong, Venita started getting REALLY excited about all its bells and whistles.. She wanted to point out the fact that it had zippers and pockets within the bag,
...that it had a zipper that unveiled back pack straps
...that it had a zipper that made it open like a suit case
...then she got really excited and said, "Oh! Look at this! It even has...."
...old, worn, crusty, used underwear...hmm how bout that." and zipped it back up. I was ROLLING on the ground. ROLLING. I was laughing so hard makeup was streaming down my face and my gut was killing me. I was literally on the ground laughing. I guess that would account for the $20 price tag, eh?
So, one might ask themselves if I bought it anyway...you bet I did! I just took a few pictures, got some tongs to filet them out on the floor (to blog, obviously) and then carefully threw them away, and washed my hands about 30 times...and just so you know, I may not know who's tighty whitey's these little little babies belonged to, but I CAN tell you that his mother DID NOT teach him how to wipe properly...I know you were wondering.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Stickin it to the man!!!
Posted by Mari Burgess at 7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh I am seriously crying at the computer! That is the funniest thing I have heard or read in a very long time! Thanks for making my cheeks hurt! :)
You are funny honey! Trust you and Aund Beana. I love you both! How fun. I can just see you both like sharks at a feeding frenzy. :)
seriously Mari, I have not stopped laughing. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I never decided which was funnier...the bag with the goods or watching you literally on the floor at NPS with your fat tummy laughing your guts out!!!!! I had your mom laughing her guts out just telling her about it! It is definitely one of those family legend stories. So fun. So so fun!!
Post a Comment