We've been trying to get the hotel in Kanab done in time, since they were falling behind, the boys called in some reinforcements. This is Papa Joe, Jaxon and Connor helping move trash
Lots of trash...
80 rooms, most rooms have more than one bed. Each bed have I think three turns of linens, which consists of a mattress cover, fitted sheet, two flat sheets and a duvet cover, 4 pillow cases, and a throw blanket at the end of the bed. All the linens had to be washed first because they were pre washed in fermaldahyde...Poor Bev. I don't think she wants to look at a washing machine ever ever again.
So while us girls took linens up to all three levels, with no elevator yet, the kids were basically barricaded on which ever level we were working on. Our fingers were so sore from opening new hair dryers, coffee makers, trays, tvs, pillows, duvets, and alarm clocks from their boxes and bags.
I sat the little ones in a circle and put treats in the middle, Jake I think had more fun feeding Lauren than himself. Lauren didn't care who was feeding her as long as there was always food in her mouth.
Don't Worry, Jaxon and Jadyn found equally important jobs. I don't know what needs to be screwed into the carpet, but Jaxon is on it! Jadyn is even happy to hand him a much needed screw.
What a day!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Trying to finish Kanab
Posted by Mari Burgess at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Who is opening a hotel and where??
Its in Kanab, and Jim's Siblings and parents are partners...how are you?
I'll have to go check out this hotel since I am in Kanab at the moment. I love all you Burgess gal's horror stories about getting it ready, haha. So those are some really great ultra sound pics, the best I have seriously seen!
Post a Comment