The cabin is coming along! I was a little skeptical when Jim said that it would be finished in time for this winter, or at least to where we could use it. But I have to admit that he may be right. Although, it did help that we have had quite an unusually warm winter so far. 65 degrees is a bit unusual for the first of November. We really have been lucky, otherwise we wouldn't have had a chance. The floor coverings start this week along with the railings and such. This is the famous slide that has already gotten quite a bit of use from the kids. How fun is this!!
This is the front.
These are the solar panels that are going to charge the very large batteries we'll use for power. We have to use the power sparingly as Jim says so that we can make sure we have enough power for important things like the theatre
This is our room. There will be a lighter trim that will go along the wall where the two colors come together...all black furniture with a bear rug in front of the fireplace. Jim let me have free reign of the room as long as I promised him a bear rug. I figured that was fair.
This is the great room, above you can see the loft where the grandkids have their room. Everyone's room has a different feel to it. Bev and Joe's is Morroccan, she has the COOLEST gold mettalic painted ceiling, Jeff and Melina's is rustic with hinges and nailhead and a log bed and such, Jayme and Logan is REALLY rustic with a more cabin feeling to me. I'm not one to explain this I guess. Jace's room is very contemporary with bean bags and such. It outta be really neat. There's a sewing/ laundry room, so maybe we'll all just live there.

2 comments:
wow....that is awesome. WOw...speechless
hey you guys are realing making some serious progess. Can't wait till next summer when it will all be done. Jim told me I could read out on one of the decks. :) So fun. I love the slide and mostly the video of Connor zooming down it. Wow what a hit that will be for the kids. We love you and hope to see you soon. xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment