There were few places I would rather be growing up than at the Wiscombe's house. Between Aunt Venita's endless treasures (that were solely from the DI or NPS) and Uncle Bart's animal noises and Winnie the Poo character impersonations we were always beyond entertained. But, I've decided that the only thing that brings me more enjoyment is watching her entertain my children. For those of you who know Connor, you know that he could care less about you if his parents are around, especially dad, but, while I was up staying at the Wiscombe household for Josh's MTC entry, I can tell you that I can now add to the list of Dragon's favorite people and places to be. The first day, we got up, played with the chickens, miniature hamster, Abbi, Heather, Cat thats not really the Wiscombe's but they like it around because it kills mice and keeps other cats away so they feed it, Bunny Rabbit, ENDLESS toys and things to look at, and not mention all the "App-poes" Connor can stomache. I'll have you know that when it was time for us to go to bed, Connor RAN to Venita and gave her an unasked goodnight kiss, I don't even get that anymore.
So, the day that we were to go to the MTC with Josh, I get up with Connor and do the regular out to see the animals in the back, play with toys, push things around, you know the usual...I see Venita running in and out of the kitchen, I knew that she had said that Wednesday's were busy for her so I didn't feel the need to bother her, plus with the ample toys around that keep Connor occupied, I really didn't need to. Well, the time had come to go to the MTC and I see what "busy" things Venita had to get done...
The bag says "Connor's when all else fails bag"
with a color pad and crayons that say, "Connor's 'I hope they call me on a mission...my mom hopes they call me on a mission...at times beFORE I've grown a foot or two...or she hopes this keeps me busy for more than a minute or two' color pad." Inside the bag is a toy airplane that you have to put together, which ingeniously takes time to do, puppet balloon heads, sunglasses, balls, treats, ham, go-gart, milk, tangerines, "app-poes", and any other thing you could possibly think of to entertain a nearly two year old while your brother embarks on his adventure! SHE IS AMAZING!
So, all was going quite well until Lauren remembers that she was hungry, so I slip around the corner of the VERY crowded room to secretly nurse her. Connor comes to check on our status, points to me and says, "BOOB!! BOOB!! BOOB!" I have to acknowledge that yes, you are so smart, these are boobs Connor, thank you for letting whatever dignity I was trying to save out the door. If there was any question what I was doing with an infant around the corner, you have cleared all doubt! SO CUTE!
Anyway, I thought I would let everyone know how either lucky they are to have our Aunt Venita, or unlucky (to my nonfamily blog friends) to NOT HAVE HER! She is amazing! I hope she knows I love her and ALL the Wiscombe family!
Saturday, September 22, 2007
My Aunt Venita
Posted by Mari Burgess at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment