Saturday, June 30, 2007

Close your eyes Grandma....

Jim's brother Jeff is training for the triathalon coming up next week. So, he's been enlisting Jim for company. This morning, Jeff had his wife Melina drop them off at a reservior about 25 miles away, they were going to swim the width down and back, and then bike home. Jeff and Melina just got some new street bikes. This morning as they were getting ready, Jeff handed Jim a helmet to take and Jim said he didn't need it. After Melina insisted, he took it and they were off. I got a call around 9 am from Jim telling me that his shirt that was sitting on the handle bars got caught in the spokes and he crashed. Went head over front, flipped about 3 times going down hill about 30 miles an hour. Ask me how thankful I am for that helmet. Jim says that he learned his lesson, I told him I was glad he learned it this way and not the other. I'm sure he's wishing those black biker shorts had a little more padding! PS...I don't know why all the pictures are sideways, they weren't like that when I uploaded them.



This would be the helmet...or whats left of it


4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Oh I am so glad he was wearing his helmet also. Tell your sister in law thank you. Wow that doesn't look to fun Jim. Sorry sorry sorry. Take care Love you, Grandma

jodie@eighteen25 said...

I could see the pain in Matt's eyes when I showed him this picture. Does Jim know that Matt ALSO road bikes. (another similarity between the two of them)

Mari Burgess said...

He's just got into it recently, but I think aside from the recent event, he likes it. He's hurting pretty bad today.

jace said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahaha
hahahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahah