Thursday, December 22, 2005

Connor James Burgess

Well, I can finally say that child birth HURTS!! All the nurses in the hospital kept telling me that because I was 36 weeks, and the medication to control the blood pressure (which coincidentally is also used to stop pre-term labor), and being a first time mom, I was apparently going to be in labor for a really long time. So, I was trying to hold out on my epideral as long as I possibly could, I didn't want it to run out when I REALLY needed it. So, when I went from a 3 to a 9 in ten minutes, and my epideral obviously didn't have time to kick in yet......I learned my lesson that I apparently go faster than expected. But, I can't tell you how much love I immediately feel for this little boy. (Aurelie, I can't IMAGINE trying to take care of TWO! I am having the worst panic attacks just worrying about one. You are DEFINATELY my hero.) Connor weighed in at 5 lbs 10 oz. He was 19 and a half inches and has his mothers hair. We finally got to come home from the hospital today, the magnesium in Connors body created a few minor problems, but all in all is fine.

My internet is extremely slow today, I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Love you all. Thanks for the prayers.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

i'm proud of you mari and jim you did a great job and little connor is adorable. we are aunt venita's now and grandpa will be having tests etc tomorrow and then we will be coming home soon. we will of course stop and see you. we are thankful you are both home and doing well. we love you honey. xoxoxoxxo

Nicole said...

congrats to both of you!