Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Happy 14th Birthday Con

I don't know if I'll ever forget the feeling I felt when the nurse laid you in my arms. For you, the wait was only 34 and a half weeks to finally get here....for me, I had been waiting my whole life, begging my Father in Heaven for you, crossing my toes, fingers, and eyes to finally feel you in my arms. It felt like we had tried just about everything to get you here and 4 years, countless drugs, procedures, surgeries, and doctor visits.... you were finally mine. Today I was remembering what that delivery room felt like. Everyone in there knew how much I wanted you and how long I had waited and it was so still and quiet as the nurse placed you in my arms. I just cried and whispered to you that I had waited so long and couldn't comprehend the immediate love I felt for you in that moment.
You pride yourself in your negotiation skills, although more often than not it just makes me want to throat punch you (No offense), you are wanting to learn the guitar, deciding on the clarinet . (although you're currently attempting to pass that torch onto Sam who hasn't decided), you're impatient to say the least, have my sense of humor which is awesome, love anything to do with Marvel or Star Wars, you still love hanging out with Jaxon, Kyler, Daniel, and a few others I can't keep track of, kind of think Rees is cute (we love teasing you about it), love anything the twins do, and will sell your soul for sushi or hot chocolate, mostly sushi.
Connor, I'm so proud of you. I am in awe of your ability to do hard things, manage and excel at your academics, and accomplish anything you set your mind to. I'm grateful for your kind heart and hope you never get too old to want to hug me in public or hang out with me. You're kind of a big deal to me. Happy Birthday, 14 looks good on you.
I love you, ðŸ¤ŸMom






0 comments: