Saturday, July 15, 2017

MEET ROXIE

I've been volunteering at the animal shelter and one day stumbled upon a scared but still pretty happy little Pomeranian.  She had been dumped with no name, the lady that brought her in said she needed SOMETHING to call her and the song "Roxanne" by the Police came on and hence her name came to be.  I called Curtis and asked him on a scale from 1-10, 1 being not so unhappy and 10 being livid how mad he'd be if I put my name on the waiting list for her.  Good thing he loves me :) I gave him the reassurance that I was on the waiting list and an older couple was ahead of me and were more than likely taking her.  I called every day to see if they had taken her and while they hadn't yet, they made sure to tell me to not get my hopes up...a dog like her doesn't get passed up.  Well I got a call on Saturday morning, the gentlemen that was taking her ended up in the hospital and I rejoiced a little too excitedly....probably sounded completely insensitive.  BUT LOOK AT HER!!  How can you not be SOOOO excited! Pelusa still isn't sure about how she feels about Miss Roxie, but we sure do....we LOVE her!!



0 comments: