There's no way to really catch up the past three and a half months so we're just going to do a lightning round. Ready...Set....GO! (Apparently it really wants to put them in opposite order, so I guess we're going to go from the most recent back. Sorry, too lazy and over it to fix it.)
Connor's Kindergarten Graduation. These three were SO cute. They sang songs and had speaking parts and it was so cute to see Connor so excited. They sang a trio together and it was a fast song about nursery rhymes, Jaxon was hitting every word and had such a concentrated look on his face, Jadyn was too busy waving at everyone, and Connor was LITERALLY gazing off into space to be singing. We were walking to the car afterword and I was telling him how good he did, his response, "I really let Jaxon down." I, trying to giggle said, "How come?" Well, I was too busy looking at the kid in the white shirt that I forgot to sing and Jaxon kept nudging me and said, 'Connor sing!' But I just forgot. I really let him down." SO cute.
It was quite the task to watch, video, and keep Lilly and Lauren from joining the Kindergarten Group. Lilly really thought she had it in her to participate.
This is officially my last year directing Miss Iron County, my newest project is Fight Like A Girl. I have now figured out why most people umbrella under already organized non profit organizations to run their projects because let me tell ya...its quite the task and has taken me months to finalize. I started the process to legally create the company and its non profit status approved in October and they said it may be done around August. But in the end it will be all worth it. In the end we won't have to share any of it with whatever organization we functioned under, these kids could get 100%. Color Country Pediatrics were really good about being a major sponsor of the Benefit so I took one of the shirts from it and had the girls stamp their hands and sign it. It turned out so cute, they were so happy with it they framed it. I took Sammy in for his well check and saw it and almost cried. I still get an excited feeling when I see one of my shirts on a random person or on pictures on facebook. Its been an awesome experience and I feel I'm where I'm supposed to be doing what I'm supposed to be doing.
..One of Lauren's random outfits and of course sleeping in a random spot.
Connor woke up with a swollen face. Had to take him in to have his back tooth yanked. I was more than happy to let his dad handle that one. Sad!
We got a new IPad for his birthday and Erika and I took it upon ourselves to try out the photobooth feature. Loads of fun.
We have a new dog. Pelusea. Shes a Chaweenie and a sweetheart. The kids absolutely love her and I like that she allows the girls to carry her everywhere.
Sammy's first haircut...he was WELL overdue for one when I finally took him in, but I REALLY didn't want to remembering how fun the other three were on their first hair cut. Had I known he would have been this mellow for it I would've taken him in LOADS sooner.
We went to Disneyland in March again and it wasn't my favorite trip. It was hot and crowded.
Lilly was still a little unsure about most all of the rides. Every time we would get ready to get on she would cry, "I got to go potty!" Which is the universal "Hail Mary" in the kid world. But after some false alarms I was on to her and wasn't going to listen. Took her to Its A Small World, figuring that HAD to be less scary. We sat in the front seat together and she absolutely LOVED it. About halfway through I was sitting on one end of the bench, she was on the other and I felt something warm under my bum. Look down to notice the RIVER I was sitting in, it was a freaking Tsunami. I look over at her completely laughing, clapping, and having a great time. We get to the end and I can see the mile of a line waiting to get on. There's a lady with a microphone shouting instructions and people are literally sitting down as you're standing up to exit. I so did not want to have an awkward,-'Sorry my daughter just peed on the seat and it is so gushing down to the floor as well'-moment. So, and I'm not proud of this, I took her and literally tried to wipe it up with her bum. But unfortunately there was WAY too much pee to soak up and there was no way around it. So as we're getting ready to dock and exit, I'm motioning to the lady that they can't sit here, trying to be incognito. She, in the mic, says, "Did she have an accident?" So much for incognito.
So I took her to the bathroom, thankfully I had an extra set of clothes for her we went over to a store so I could purchase the most EXPENSIVE pair of sweat pants I'll ever own, and sat down by Tarzan's tree house. Sam was asleep, so he literally sat at the exit while the three older kids went through while I went and changed. I came back, we talked for a minute about how expensive they were when I realized, the three hadn't come back out yet. Every time we go to Disneyland we write Jim and my cell number in black, magic marker on the kids' arms so that if they were to get lost we would have a better chance of finding them. We always tell them, if you get lost....show a MOMMY your arm. Sure enough, within a few minutes we get a call from someone who found the girls. They had made it a few rides away (still don't know how they managed to get out without exitting by Jim) and were happy as larks because they were found by a squad of Cheerleaders. Connor however managed to get lost without them and was a little shaken when I got his call and found him by the Mark Twain boat thingy. SO glad we put our numbers on them.
Went to a restaurant that had a "Professional Balloonist" Kids thought it was awesome.
Poor Sam. Trying SO hard to make it through eating his spagetti. Its exhausting
Took the kids to the airshow. We didn't want to pay to get in since we knew we couldn't stay too long, our seats were much better anyway.
Met Angeles and her four cute kids. They actually lived with me for about 2 months, they moved out in April but I still have her oldest daughter Sandy living with me. I've enjoyed getting to know them.
Took the kids to Snow Canyon on one of the early spring days. Great family together time....
0 comments:
Post a Comment