Thursday, March 10, 2011

9 lives?? More like 20

I woke up after my last post and Ebby was still gone.  It snowed all night and I figured if the other cat froze to death right outside my door, my panty waist Ebony had no shot to say the least.  I kept hoping I'd see her at the door, but I knew realistically she froze to death as well.   He had asked if I called the pound, I told him it was pointless...besides the fact that she had no tags on it wouldn't have mattered since no one could catch her.  Around 11 am I get a call from the Animal Hospital asking if I had lost my cat.   I said that as a matter of fact I had and how did she know.  She said that a lady found her in the middle of main street by Smiths (no clue how she managed to get that far) and that she had called every vet asking if anyone knew what kind of breed she was and if any of them knew someone who had one.  It flagged me.  I'm guessing there's not a lot of people who've heard of her breed, let alone would have one and it became Ebby's saving grace.  Apparently, that night she was up at Smiths and saw Ebby in the middle of main street dodging cars (also in the middle of a snowstorm keep in mind).  The lady saw a semi truck zoom right over her and thought that Ebby was dead.  She was completely still in middle of the road.  She pulled over, and went over to her and much to her disbelief and mine...Ebby was unharmed.  She managed to stay right in the middle and wasn't hit.  She was so cold, covered in snow and petrified with fear that she let the lady pick her up.  I am pretty impressed that she was clever enough to call the vet instead of the pound, I never would've looked there and I am thankful Ebby stayed out of the clink.  I'm so thankful there are good people who go out of their way for other people and for animals.  She could've kept driving instead of getting out of her car in the blizzard to save Dumb A Ebby for being there in the first place and for doing everything she could to find her home.    But unfortunately Ebby....you are out of lives my dear.  I'd stay close to home if I were you!

0 comments: