Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Connor!

I'd like to thank Melina for starting this whole "Novelty Cake Thing". I let her know how glad I was last night at Connor's Birthday party after I spent hours decorating a cake that I was so GLAD her kids' birthday's are always first so I had to do novelty cakes for my kids. She laughed and said she was sorry but she really likes doing novelty cakes.  I have to admit that I never would have attempted such cakes and am pretty proud of myself. This was my first...pretty bad, but better than any other cake up to then...then there was Laurens from last year, I thought I was pretty tricky on Connor's last year (He's been on this Mcqueen kick for quite some time now). So of course I had to keep it up this year and when Jim asked him what kind of cake he wanted this year, ANY CAKE HE WANTED MOMMY WOULD MAKE (thanks for the confidence Jim),  he said...he wanted a Lightning McQueen cake. So I looked and looked, thought and pondered. Hours and SO much icing later.....I give you

I can't believe you're 4!  I can't believe how big you've gotten!  I look at you and smile...seeing the boy that we prayed for, the boy that resembles so much of his dad and yet I can see his mom in his sweet brown eyes.  I'm so proud of the boy you're turning into.  Soft hearted, kind, and so considerate...most days.  I love watching you tell Lauren good morning after she wakes up from her daily naps.   I will miss you running to the door when you hear the garage door open, knowing your dads home from work.  You ask him how his day was and ask how many days till its Saturday, the day that is actually better than Christmas to you because its the day that Dad stays home all day and plays with you.  Most nights after you kids have gone to sleep, Jim and I lay awake saying how much we'll miss you at this age.  Hoping you'll never get too old to want to be Dad's best friend, too old to "Run away" (after you get your jammies on you like to run down the hall and wait for dad to catch you), too old to want to "hold you" and too old to choose being around your dad over anything else in the world.  You are so smart!  You know all your letters and constantly ask Dad to ask you what a word starts with.  You read Horton Hears a Who every night by memory, followed by How do I love you.  I love how dad has to give you 4 kisses and "one more hug" before he's finally allowed to go to work and how much you adore playing with you cousin.  You are a blessed little boy, I hope you never ever forget to recognize all that you have been given from your Heavenly Father.  To have built in best friends next door and down the street, so many grandmas and papas that you can't count, and parents that would do anything for you.  I love you.  I'm so proud of you. 

Love, Mom




1 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

How did his birthday sneak up on us. For years old already. Oh how much we love him. We will see him on Friday or Saturday. Give him a big hug from Gramma Deanie! Love you all.