Monday, September 07, 2009

Taking a few newbies out...

I've directed Miss Iron County for the past few years and got really close to last years queen. LOVE HER! I've told her for a while that Jim and I would take her out to attempt wakeboarding. We invited Cole, Necia (her husband was busy), and Crystal (Crystal hadn't done it before either, but we won't dwell on that, will we Erika!) It obviously didn't take much begging to get Jim and Cole to take out 5 cute girls to the lake! (Lauren came along too!)


We gave Crystal some basic instruction, may I remind you that she was the one that was nervous the most. Pretty well convinced she was going to break her neck. She got up on her first try...stayed up, crossed the wake and everything. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. She even had her position perfect on the first try, after a while standing there asked what else she was supposed to do. We didn't know what to tell her because we didn't realize she would actually get up and then just ride the whole time. Must've been the rockin good instruction Jim and I gave her. Maybe we should make an instructional video!

Problem was, we should have had Erika go first so that she didn't think that what Crystal did was normal....because Erika did do really really good, just not freakishly good like Crystal. This was her letting me know she was SOOOOO ready to go!

Now how do you do this again?


I decided to compile a "The Best of Erika trying to Wakeboard" video!


This is Necia, shes a good friend of Coles and I've decided I quite like her as well. I LOVE her laugh! She is super sweet and can wake surf better than any other girl I've seen!



So we did some surfing when Jim and Cole decided they'd surf together. I get such a kick out of watching these two try dumb things together, it gives me a glimpse of what they used to do growing up. They've been pretty close since they were like 14 years old or something and always come up with these hairbrained ideas...


Then they usually always pull it off!

2 comments:

Brendon and Necia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brendon and Necia said...

Mari...you are so cute! I love reading your posts because somehow you make everything so interesting!! No wonder why my aunt Jill loves to be a one-sided blog friend!