

So Erika came over tell me about this bug that she about stepped on coming out her front door. I loaded up my kids, went to see it and to say that this disgusting-abomination upon even bugs-most hideous creature I have ever seen was "big" would be a gross understatement. This thing is by far the creepiest thing I have ever seen. Its probably about 3 or 4 inches long, ugly, disgusting, and this picture I found on the internet does not even give it justice. The ones that I've seen out here are more nasty yellow instead of the red. I have been finding what I thought were scorpion skin on my front porch for the past few months, it wasn't until after I saw one of these bugs that I realized it was left over carcauses because these NASTY things eat eachother, and really anything else INCLUDING human skin if it got the chance, and that they are having DEATH matches outside my front door step every night. I cleaned off my porch two nights ago only to wake up to five more heads and dozenz of legs everywhere! The only thing that creeps me out more than these gross creatures is the fact that my back door in the basement is left wide open all the time from the kids running in and out and IF THESE THINGS HAVE GOTTEN IN MY HOUSE I AM MOVING! GROSE!!!!!
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Posted by Mari Burgess at 2:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mari,
i found one of these in my yard tonight! They are so ugly!!
NASTY!!! What are they called?? I have never seen one of those and hope never to do so!! Yuck!!
Ok so that bug was creepy! I didnt know you have an infestation of them!!! Yikes! What the heck are they anyways? You definitly dont see those on the East coast (thank goodness). Thanks again for letting us hang out with you guys this last trip! I had fun!
These are Mormon crickets. Just one more hardship the pioneers had to endure. Gross!
Sorry but these are not mormon crickets..
mormon crickets are similar to grass hoppers see link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_cricket
These are jerusalem crickets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_cricket
still gross but not what the pioneers had to deal with.
Post a Comment