I think there are phrases that I hope to remember the rest of my life. The phrases that we'll laugh about around the dinner table when the kids are older.
Lauren had just gotten out of the tub, I'm laying on the bed. She climbs up stark naked and says as she pats her bum...."Mom, hold my naked bum!"
We were at the cabin a few months ago. Jim was sitting on the chair holding Connor while we were talking to Scott and Misty. Lilly was enjoying walking all around us in her walker. She's gotten to the stage where she tries to mimic sounds and words. Connor (who's 3) toots on Jim's lap. Lilly's ears perk up and she loudly growled back "Rarrrr Rarrr Rarrrr!"
(and of course the best for last)
A friend of ours husband passed away last week of a long time illness. His funeral was monday and we were in the viewing line. We had just gotten to the casket and the man who had passed away had a bouquet of lolipops in his pocket and holding a bag of twizzlers. I am talking to the widow and Jim is behind me holding Connor
Connor: "Dad, I need a treat"
Jim: "I don't have a treat buddy"
Connor: "That guys does, wake him up and ask him"
Thankfully the widow has a good sense of humor
Friday, September 25, 2009
Posted by Mari Burgess at 7:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment