If your mom was smarter, she would've combined you and Lauren's birthday this year. It fell on an absolute crazy time and lets just say, Lilly....my sweet little Lilly, you got the shaft. Your uncle Josh came home a few days before and between his homecoming festivities and directing Miss Iron County, your mom's head was swimming, desperately trying to stay afloat. My original plan was to celebrate your first year at the mountain seeing as we had planned to have a slew of your cousins there anyway, but that morning we decided to go to the lake and everyone was having too good of a time to come home. Since you fell asleep on the way home, I planned to do it when we went up on wednesday (Yes....two days AFTER your actual birthday). And of course nothing ever happens when you expect it to, so by the time we got dinner made and eaten, it was late and you were tired. Of course I couldn't find any tape anywhere up there so I couldn't wrap your presents, luckily you are still enjoying the random things that make great toys...
...and thankfully you thought your new elmo airlplane was swell.
As for your cake...well try not to dwell on that too sweet heart. Lets just say, it was a WHOLE lot faster than Lauren's...again, why didn't I combine your birthdays on the ONE year I KNOW neither of you would care?!? I tried with all my might to get you to stay awake long enough to eat some, you didn't care for any of it and everyone else was too occupied with the movie on that they didn't care for any either. I think Jim and Misty took a curtousy piece and we called it good.
So there you have it. If I didn't feel like mother of the year when Lauren locked herself in the car for over an hour, or when Connor was streakin up and down the sreet buck naked, or when he and Jadyn about picked up a baby rattle snake, or when Connor is peeing on the front yard tree's telling me that, "Dad says that trees need water to grow so I'm dis giving them their dinner, mom" I sure felt like it on this particular day.
Lilly, Lilly, Lilly. You are without doubt and no question my sweetest baby yet. You fit the quote "survival of the fittest" because between your cousins and your siblings fighting over who gets to hold you, and having to endure being the youngest of three babies....you have learned to be mighty patient with your mom. I LOVE your cute little growl. You have been growling since you were about 4 months old and have come to be known to Connor and Lauren as the Lilly Monster. Its a very distinct growl and is one of my favorite sounds. I love that your first and only word at the moment is 'Mom' and that you still prefer me over anyone, except for your Grandma Karen. I love your beautiful blue eyes, I love seeing my little brother and sister in your smile, and I love knowing that you couldn't wait to be in my arms, so you came a little sooner than I would have chosen. But now that I have you here, from the moment the doctor yelled, "Its a girl!" I have been so thankful that you came when you did. I've needed your sweet smile and your tender eyes. I've needed your cute neck to snuggle with and have loved hearing you laugh. I love looking at you and knowing that you were always meant to be mine. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for knowing that I would struggle some days and for being especially sweet. I love you, love Mom
Friday, August 21, 2009
Happy 1st Birthday, Lilly
Posted by Mari Burgess at 8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet Lilly!! LOVE THIS POST!! YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOM! You are an AMAZING MOM!! Love you and miss you
Love you my Maridar
Post a Comment