Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Our new family Pics


I have been SOOOOO excited for these. I've wanted to get them done for a few months, but something always came up and it got procrastinated. Her name is Emily Clark and she is one of the more talented photographers I've seen. You know how some people decide what they're going to do when they grow up, and some people are born with what they should do when they grow up? Emily was meant to be a photographer. In heaven when all the rest of us were waiting in the various "what talents I'd really like to have while on earth" lines, she had her lawn chair and thermos ready so she could be first in line when it opened. She captures the moments I want to remember. She has this blog that is one of the more efficient blogs I have ever seen. She doesn't need an office staff (although she's so busy she probably wishes she had one most days), you are able to schedule what you want and when on this site. So Kristina's brother had his engagement pics done with her and ever since I've wanted to have her take pics of my kids. I got on her site and noticed that she had this "mommy model" contest that she does every year around mothers day. She posts a picture of your shoes on her blog, whoever wins gets a free sitting among other things. I thought, let be honest....I have some wicked cute shoes. I've got this in the bag! So I we show up for the pictures and get the family ones done, then she said she was ready for me. I hurried and changed my shoes and skirt (which was a black flowy skirt with red roses on it). I didn't want to match my outfit for the family pictures to match my shoes for the mommy shoot so I figured since she was only shooting the shoes who cares, right? She looked up after changing something on her camera and said, "Is that what you're wearing?" I said, " Well...ya. Is it not OK?" She giggled and let me know that she was intending on taking a picture of ALL OF ME, not just the shoes. I'm sure my face went 9 shades of red and I let her know that a 29 year old mother of 3 who BARELY washes her hair twice a week does not need her own photoshoot. What am I going to do with pictures of just me? I was so embarressed. I said, "Just take a picture of the shoes, not me. Its fine, I don't need any of me." She said, "Sorry...thats the deal. Lets just meet again Friday"













The night before I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking I wanted to ask her to instead of me, take pictures of Adam. No one has a good picture of him since he's been gone for so long, and I wanted so much for him to see what I see. The essence that only Adam has, the quality that is so genuine and pure. Not to mention how Handsome he is. She sent me a sample of him and I from the shoot, I posted it a few weeks ago. But in case you missed it, here it is.


Although I know I wouldn't have done the shoot had I not misunderstood that she was intending on showing all of me, can I just tell you how fun it was? There was a time I think I felt attractive and confident, I haven't felt that way in a long time. To have a reason to gussy up and feel beautiful for a day was kind of refreshing. For those of you reading this, I'm really not fishing for compliments, you and I both know that when you get older and have kids the fact that spend most of the day with puke on your shirt, poop in your fingernails, hair in a ponytail from the day before, and fishing poop out of the tub from one OR all of your kids...attractive goes RIGHT out the window. Thank you Emily

5 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

SUPER CUTE!! Wow, she did a fabulous job! You are gorgeous, as always, and your kiddos are stinkin' adorable! I love the one with Connor's finger in his nose. He is going to LOVE that when he gets older.

Britt said...

I love your pictures!!! Hey what are you doing tomorrow (thursday)?

Emily Clark said...

aw mari you give me WAY too much credit! i cant believe how nice and sweet you are to me...your words were so sweet and made my day!
ps you ARE stinkin' hot and i'm WAY glad you got tricked into mommy models!!

The Schexnayders said...

I really like the way those shots turned out. You will have to email me her number... maybe she can do our family photos when we are in town.

Anonymous said...

hi Mari,
I enjoy it very much to be able to see some pictures of you and your family and I was surprised to see Adam, too. I haven't seen you all for so many years.
I wish you all the best. many greetings to Marijeann, Michael, Adam and Josh.
Love,
Inka