In my defense, I haven't been procrastinating so much as I've needed pictures from my mom's camera to complete my post....and a little procrastination. We went to Grandma Deenie's and had such a good time. Poor Liv was sick so we didn't get to see Aunt Heather, but Michael came with Belle and the world was right for Connor again. We rode the 4-wheelers, the Rzr, fed the goats, ran around, and of course splashed in the mud puddles.
Karen is so so thoughtful. Everytime the kids have gone on a trip or for any holiday, she makes sure they have a basket of goodies. She'll come late at night to put treats in their carseat and toys to occupy their time. So so thoughtful. She gave me this huge bucket of goodies for the kids to open on Easter, they were thrilled
Bev made these dresses for the girls and although she has made some beautiful outfits in the past, this is by far my favorite. However the dress couldn't be quite as cute without being 100% silk....silk on a 1 year old and 8 month old, whatever. They have worn them twice since I have to dry clean them in between. But so so cute
Mom wanted to take the kids on a "walk". The shirt you see Lauren in was a brand new WHITE shirt if you can believe it looking at the pictures. Mom says that it was a bit by bit process. First Connor's shoes got wet, then they were splashing, then apparetnly rolling around in it. They had a great time and she magically got the shirt looking new again. They had so much fun
Lauren doing what she does best, eat
One of my favorite aspects of this trip was that Adam came. It was so fun to spend real quality time with him, I haven't in years. I couldn't get over how blissful it was to be around him.
This is Connor on those bunji jumping things where they pull you down and let you shoot up way high, some of the kids that were lots older than Connor were a little scared on it, you go pretty high. He was pretty excited
One of Connor's favorite rides is the Ferris Wheel. I stood in line in the heat for about 1 hour before FINALLY making it to the front, only to have the guy tell me that Lauren wasn't tall enough. I said, "Seriously? Seriously! We have waited in this stupid line forEVER!" I just ignored him and went anyway, figuring what was he going to do? Take me down? Thankfully he didn't and we didn't go back
Lauren really struggled with the fact that she couldn't be ONE with the pigs, every chance she got she tried to monkey in with them.
Don't they look like they're conspiring?
Donald was kind enough to wash all the spiders that had been occupying this play set in Grandma's back yard and the kids thought it was loads of fun. Of course there was enough rain that weekend that it was probably a waste of time considering it got washed and washed and then washed some more, it was still very nice!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Very Belated Easter
Posted by Mari Burgess at 6:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the pictures and this post!! Your kids are soo dang cute! I can't wait to hear about your trip, hope it went wonderful!! I am an deep need of some more time with Mari!! Miss you! :)
Glad I stoped by. The pictures are so cute. It was a fun weekend and hope you all do it again soon. We love you and miss you.
Post a Comment