Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

This year was exceptionally great. Thanks to everyone who called me and wished me a Happy Birthday, Yes Aur...Jim told me you called, thank you. I've been wanting to go see the Bodyworlds exhibition for quite a while, Jim says I'm morbid but I'm completely fascinated with that kind of thing. It was amazing. My favorite part was the area where they showed you all the embryos and babies...it was so amazing to see the 12 week old that was so so tiny and yet had perfect hands, fingers, toes...looked just like a tiny baby. So amazing. Then, Heather, Michael, Jim and I went to the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then saw Twilight. I really thought that Stephanie Meyer did a poor job at casting Edward because the guy I saw on the previews did not compare to the Eward in my head....I stand corrected. So Hot! I LOVED Alice, didn't care for Jasper or Emmett, Bella's acting kinda bugged me at some points, LOVED the baseball scene....thought Victoria was especially well casted. I liked it. Then, we went to go pick up the kids who were at my Aunt Venita's and there was this bigger than life banner hanging right in the entry... So cute!!! There was little plates that said "Lilly's cake for Mommy," "Connor's cake for Mommy," and "Lauren's cake for mommy." Lilly's was of course the beautiful (still waiting on the pictures from Heather Wiscombe so you can see how cute) cupcake that had a single candle and pretty little sprinkles. Connor's was recognizable as a cupcake and that was it, Lauren's was a crumbled cupcake mess...obviously no one helped them so they were absolutely genuine! So cute. Then at the bottom of the banner was this little poster that said, "M is for Mommy...we love our Mommy, she washes our hands, she washes our feet, she washes our bums and kisses our cheeks!" It didn't make sense till I notices Lauren, Lilly, and Connor's handprints AND Lauren's lips, bum, feet, hands...and whatever she could talk them into dipping! Thank You Venita and girls for making their day so special. You always go out of your way and it was so nice to have a quiet dinner and movie knowing that my kids were happy and taken care of.


Heather MADE these flower bows for my birthday, I saw the ones she had in Liv's hari when we were at the beach and begged her to make me some, she surprise me with a whole bag of them...I couldn't wait to try them out. Jim got me a new kitchen table to match my house (YAY!), Melina got me the CUTEST black dress I'll be showing off at church sunday, Mom got me stuff to take off the dead skin on your feet, and Bev got me a Bootcamp Workout....SO GREAT! It was such a great birthday, and although I am the big 29 I'll be the FIRST to remind you that I am STILL in my 20's!




4 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

Hey Mari!

Sorry. I don't think I knew that it was birthday...but Happy Belated Birthday anyway. :) You are a great friend. Here's to another year of friendship. (PS We're NOT moving..)

Kristin

Higbee said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a blast! We went to the body worlds exhibit up in SLC and I loved it too! Our birthdays are close, mine's on Saturday! :)

Marylin Kelley said...

HAPPY WAY LATE BIRTHDAY!! I think I forgot that ours are so close together! No wonder I like you :)

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

HAPPAY BRTHDAY AGAIN. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT ONE. AUNT BEANA ALWAYS DELIVERS DOESN'T SHE. LOVE YOU ALL XOXOXOX