Friday, August 08, 2008

Cabin Trip


Last time we were at the cabin, Bev found a similar pile of saw dust and couldn't figure out what had chewed through the trim on the window...mice? Chipmunks? Nope, ants! ANTS! These great big, black ants! Look at this pile! This is half the size of the one she found the week before!

Jim and the guys have been working around the clock trying to get the pump to work to get the water from the spring on the property...until then, water is conserved. But, as most little boys do in the mountain, Connor was FILTHY...so, this was the compromise...bath in the sink!!

This child is DESTINED to be an exibitionist. I cannot keep clothes on his bottom! This was the first morning we were there, I had just taken off his jammies and went to throw his dirty diaper away and he was gone before my back was all the way turned.

This slide was one of the better ideas Jim's had, I'll bet the Prisbrey kids played on it non stop! Once in a while they talked their mom in to it, I'm kicking myself for not having my camera hot and ready for when Grandma Deanie went down...it was awesome!

I'm loving the cabin hair Lauren. This was from her pigtails the day before...oh well, we can't always look cute can we Magoo?

I've been meaning to post pics of the cabin now that its pretty well done, but I always forget to. I mostly do it for Grandma to see it, but now that she came to stay and saw it for herself I didn't see the point, but here it is anyway. This is one of the hallways...the one to Jace and our room....

This is Jim and I's room. I love the colors, I love the big couch that fits a whole family if needed!



3 comments:

Marylin said...

Wow that is beautiful!! How fun! I thought of you the other day as I was driving through Cedar! I really should get your info so that the next time I am up there we can get together!

Higbee said...

Wow the cabin looks so good! We haven't been there forever. That is the biggest kitchen table I have ever seen!! haha

Mikkel said...

It's been a while since I dropped in on your blog so I had a whole summer of fun to catch up on... and a whole lot of laughs. Seriously, somewhere between the throw up, nursery pictures and stuck in the snow story I was having hysterics. Love your blog!