Friday, May 23, 2008

Kidney Stones...

So I've decided that the only thing more annoying than the pain that accompanies Kidney Stones are how SMALL they are! Those stupid things put me in the fetal position crying and they are only the size of a needle head!!! Whatever! At my last appointment with my OB I was telling him about my horrible cramping and asked him to test my urine for an infection, he didn't find an infection but there was blood in it. So he gave me this handy dandy catcher dilly thingy and after the first set I passed, I was expecting to see boulders instead of these tiny things you can barely see with the naked eye that just makes you feel like a ninny! Whatever, stupid things! It is kind of relieving to know that the horrific pain isn't associated with the baby, just stupid grains of sand that can make a grown man cry! Dumb

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, I so know that pain. I had kidney stones a couple years back but they were too big to pass so they had to go in a blast them first to break them up and then I had to pass them. It was awful. For me it was worse then labor pains. Glad your better. Do you know what you guys are having? We are having another girl...imagine that.

Candi and Skeet said...

That sucks, so sorry that you had to deal with that. I hope you are feeling better.

Rach said...

Oh Mari! I had Kidney stones too! ANd I know exactly what you mean by just curling up and crying! It is the worst pain ever!! I am so sorry!! I am glad they are gone, I never had to pass mine all the way, It would come out so they had to go in and surgically remove it!! We are troopers, and you did it pregnant! I am impressed, hope everything else is going good for you!

Mari Burgess said...

Thats whats weird is I've passed two sets so far, they seem to keep coming...fun

Kenzie said...

Ugh! I can't imagine how painful that must have been. As if being pregnant isn't uncomfortable & hard enough. That sucks!! It's good to see what you guys are up to. Other than at the annual get togethers. That slide looks so fun. Did you get it from Costco? My kids would never want to come inside. Hmmm...maybe that would be a good thing. My blog is private but if you want an invite my e-mail is: mckenziebburgess@gmail.com.

Jace said...

HAHA. That sucks mar, but I bet Jim told his story of his mission companion who passed them in England. haha.. Good old mission stories..

speaking of scary things in that particular area of the body, they have this parasite here called an umbrella bug or something like that, that swims up your urine stream if you pee while swimming in a lake or river, and when it gets up your weiner, it balloons up and digs things into you so it won't leave, and it just camps out by your prostate. haha.. ew
needless to say, i pee before i hop in the water.

Marylin said...

Oh my gosh Mari use to be Prisbey!!! Holy cow woman it has been FOREVER!! I think you will remember me from Vegas! I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with such pain while being pregnant! Your family is sooo cute! We must catch up!!

Alysha said...

So awful! I have never had to deal with them myself (knock on wood) but I will never forget when my dad had them-he had never been in so much pain. I hope this was the last of them!

Marylin said...

Well I am still in Vegas and next time I am up your way we should get together!! Oh and here's my email so we can chat musheymellow@netzero.com

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Let me know how you are honey.