
Some of you may remember when I did a 50's show down by Zions about 5 years ago. It was a lot of fun and was able to meet a lot of friends who are still my good friends today. At the time, we were the first of 5 casts. Some stayed, some left, some came back here and there to help out, but Shaun (Piano) and his son Elijah stayed all five years. Shaun is incredibly talented and has the biggest heart of anyone I know. His son, Elijah, who was 16 at the time started out as the sound guy. Didn't say a lot in the beginning. Really really wanted to eventually be in the cast and he auditioned year after year. He finally got his chance the year I got pregnant with Connor, I was doing the show again that year up until I got pregnant and the bass left not long after I did. Elijah got up on stage after the show one night and was determined to show Rhett (The director) that he was the one for the part. He blew Rhett away and did that show, Twist the night away, a broadway and Christmas show as well. Really talented, great guy. He probably weighed less than I did at the time and could out eat all the guys combined.
Shaun called a few weeks ago to let everyone know that Elijah had been killed in a car accident. It was one of the most inspiring funerals I have ever been to. All of the cast members through out the past five years, all who could, rallied together to do a benefit concert to help with Funeral costs. I have to apologize for the clip, Jim had to shrink it to be able to post and the sound quality is terrible. I also tried cutting me talking in the middle because I rattled on about nothing, but it wouldn't let me...sorry.
The second song is the song that I wanted to sing at the concert before I knew we were all singing at the funeral, coincidentally ended being the same song. Its completely appropriate and we were able to raise over $4100 for Shaun (He's the one that comes up and sings next to me in the end.

Monday, April 07, 2008
Elijah
Posted by Mari Burgess at 12:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Mari-
I need your mailing address again. E-mail me brittanit@gmail.com! Thanks Mar!
Post a Comment