Sunday, September 02, 2007

Cabin progress

So, dad promised Conor that we would go and check on the cabin progress, Connor loves to go to the cabin, he loves to run around and play in the dirt.. but, ever since mom had a new baby, she has a hard time getting gas. Poor Jim, he's had to come to mom's aid more than three times this month alone because I've run out of gas, so, this is Connor waiting for dad to get some gas in moms car, just enough to get us around the corner to the gas station...but, we have a problem...

...There is absolutely NONE left in the spare can, so, dad decided to suck it out of the 4-wheeler...he wasn't very happy with mom.

This is the right angle of the cabin...

This is the front of the cabin...

There is a loft above the great room that will house all the grandkids...there's a girl room and a boy room, and a slide that will go from that floor to the great room below..that was a "must have" for Jim, I'm sure all the kids will appreciate that about him, his "must haves" are quite fun. So, the rectangle in the ceiling that you see is where the slide is going to go.

All of the rooms have access to the deck, since all wanted one considering the view...so, this deck wraps around the back of the cabin, its quite something.

This is the view right outside Jim and my room, I'm standing right int he doorway to the access to the deck that shows the view that we have. Its awesome. I don't know if we'll want to ever leave, we might as well sell our house since all of us will just want to live in the cabin.

This is the great room with trees that are in the middle of the room that are kinda cool to look at.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!you guys are really making progress up there on the mountain. Lots has been done since we were up there. Can't wait to see the finished product. I can imagine it will be beautiful and comfy. Thanks for keeping us updated. It is so fun to watch you all grow We love you so much. It was good to see you last week. See ya on Sunday. BYW if you have time will you make a post on the Clark/Iroz Blog for Josh's Sunday and also when he leaves etc. I know you can do it much faster than I and I told your Mom I would. :( love you

Mari Burgess said...

yep

Jace said...

gosh.. i'll just move into the cabin when i get home.. you can all ask me nicely if you want to visit me..haha