K, so Jodie let me know that even though I have posted two posts THREE DAYS AFTER DELIVERY, it still isn't sufficient, she wanted to know about the best delivery in HISTORY! I'm actually a little hesitant to disclose this because I'm going to come out looking like a huge wuss, but thats alright.
Thursday morning, I was having some steady hard contractions, so I finally told Jim to go in..yea, they sent me home, no fun. The nurse did tell me that she thought that I would be back real soon...I think she was just trying to make me feel better!
So, Friday morning, about midnight, I got up to go to the bathroom and my water broke all over the bathroom floor. I got Jim up and we went. I wanted to get there fast because as soon as they broke my water with Connor, I went really fast. Its actually been a fear of mine the past few months that I wouldn't have time for an epideral because of it being my second baby, without all the preaclampsia meds, and he being so early. We got to the hospital and I told the nurse as I was walkiing in to call the Anesthesiologist...she told me I was jumping the gun, I told her I didn't care. She got an IV in and checked me and told me that I there was part of the bag blocking the cervix and pooling some of the water, keeping her head from dropping into place. She called the drug doctor, I was at a four, having contractions but I have had menstral cramps worse than what I was having (especially that one time in the trailor that I came home from the Venetial early and layed in the tub for four hours, remember Jodie?) Anyway, as he was giving me an epideral, there was a girl next to me SCREAMING cause she didn't get there in time and wasn't able to get an epideral. I felt so bad. Then, the nurse came and checked me a while later and I was at a five, but while she was there she was able to move the bag and the rest of the water came out. She told me she thought I would go pretty fast then, Lauren was born within thirty minutes. Thats how her face got bruised, cause once that was out of the way she dropped quick. I never felt hard contractions, pushed three times, well really two and a half, and she was out. No tearing, nothing. I am really glad that the part of the bag was blocking her head, otherwise epideral or not, I don't know if I would've made it to the hospital. So glad to have her here, so glad its all over, SO FUN!
Monday, August 06, 2007
More details....
Posted by Mari Burgess at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
k...I'm jealous. I will pray for mine to go that fast.
It was really surreal...when they laid her on my stomache I thought, no way it was just that easy....childbirth is meant to be hard, painful, awful....it was great.
Post a Comment