A few months ago, Scott wired Michael Johnson's house for surround sound, and instead of paying him, Michael told him that he'd take him on a cruise. Jim and I jumped on board and planned this cruise together. Because Heather is pregnant (for those of you that didn't know) she is incredibly sick and had to pass on the cruise, so Michael brought his dad to fill the seat. Poor Heather!
So, Jim and I arrived around midnight in Florida and were planning on crashing with Scott and Misty who had gotten there the day before. We got a taxi, and let me tell you that was one of the scariest rides of my life. The guy was falling asleep!! I kept begging Jim to talk to him, shoot the breeze or something cause the guy was vearing all over the road and I sat the whole time, white knuckled, watching him struggle to stay awake! Then, he got lost and spent literally 15-20 minutes driving down the same street back and forth, he couldn't find the address. When we finally got there, it was pretty late.
We got on the ship around 2pm and told Scott and Misty that we would meet them in the dining room to arrange to have our dinner times and seating the same. We unpacked and made our way to the dining room to see a funny look on Misty and Scott's face. The travel agency that Michael had booked the cruise line through made a mistake and put Michael, Michael's dad Norm, Scott, AND Misty in the same room. If you have ever been on a cruise you know that there is enough room for a bed and that is it.
I couldn't imagine four full grown adults sharing the same room. I felt so bad, this was the first real trip away from kids that Scott and Misty have had in eight years. I'm sure their plans didn't involve two other adults. Michael talked to whoever on the ship in charge and although they felt real bad, the ship was completely booked. They said that they only thing was that because of the bad weather on the east coast, someone had missed their flight and were unable to board in Florida and were planning on getting on in Grand Cayman, but made sure that Michael knew that the chances of that happening were very slim.
src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhcJejcSHOj-dVhgmE5nX5gUMfB2O9WA_uautwQuWUZ4kfiZADvnWdZcu_K4AnOuPkTm2fkKhHo-gxOucLMjaJWtVJPgF8jvMEyHJHpDl4E3HAz4a0p0DtpB39Njr3SpSvo2hS2zw/s320/IMG_0127.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5047134641107298978" />
So, we decided that we wanted to rent some scooters. IT WAS SO FUN!!!! It was the perfect island for it too, we cruised around, went to the beach, the helmets were equally awesome!
All the locals said that we needed to "go to hell." I was a little taken back, until I realized that they were refering to a tourist attraction called "hell"
So, when it was time to go, we made our way back to the boat. Sometimes when the islands don't have an adequate dock, they had to take smaller boats in and out from the dock. So, the boys dropped Misty and I off to wait in line for the next boat while they took the scooters back. We finally got on the boat and the guy sitting directly in front of us had a large bag and I felt so bad for Misty knowing that was probably her coveted room. We went back to our rooms and we got a call a little while later from Scott, he wanted to make sure I knew that he was CALLING FROM HIS OWN ROOM!!! He was so excited. They left a note in the room for Michael and Norm that said, "Dear Norm and Michael, by the time you recieve this, we will be gone. Please don't at this as a goodbye, but a new beginning, Love Scott and Misty...PS Please don't make it awkward at dinner."
Our next port was Roaton. The boys had a diving excursion and Misty and I were left to do whatever. We figured we'd go sit on a beach somewhere. We found a taxi driver that knew "how much" and "what time I come back for you". Absolutely NO english. So, we went to this gorgeous beach, snorkled and layed around.
We must've snorkled longer than anticipated, cause our taxi driver was there waiting for us. I had to grab something to eat because I was getting sick. So, we hurried and ordered something from the bar on the beach to-go. I got an Island Burger and it looked and smelled so good! Misty was trying to get a plastic fork and I told her I'd wait in the car. I sat in the back, just me and Oscar the driver, and I felt like a pig scarfing that food down. It was a little awkward just him and I. So, I asked him if he wanted a French Fry. He looked at me confused, so I made the eat sign with my fingers and he smiled and enthusiastically nodded. So, I handed him my plate to take a fry. He carefully to the plate, covered it up and put it on the seat next to him!! Misty got in the car and looked around and said, "Where's your lunch?" I pointed at the driver, and she said, "Are you sharing?" I said, "Apparently" I was so sad!! And SOOO HUNGARY! But, I didn't have the heart to ask for it back.
These were from our next port, Belize, where we went cave tubing, very fun!!
So, Scott ended up being in the main show on the last night as Elvis and can I just tell you he did so awesome!!
Jim and I ended up with great plane tickets, but I soon learned the price the on the way home. I was pretty sick before our flight, so when the flight finally took off
I was doing everything I could to keep it down. I knew I couldn't make it to the bathroom, and wouldn't you know it there was no "puke bag" in our isle that we could find. It was my worst fear realized. So, when I found that I was in trouble and had no better options, I puked in the complimentary blanket that the plane hands out, I really should've apologized to the guy sitting next to me. I wadded it up, and took it to the bathroom and threw it away. That was the worst flight of my life. We got into Vegas at midnight and didn't get home till 3 am. Worst night of ever!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Cruise!!
Posted by Mari Burgess at 4:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like a fun time (minus the travel back)!
When is Heather's baby due?
Finally, are you going to Arie's in April? I'll be there and would love to see you and meet Connor.
So good to hear from you Colie!! I wasn't planning on going because I'm going to be gone the following weekend to Vegas and I didn't want to leave Connor two weekends in a row...but maybe if I brought him, I don't think I'd go to the ballet because of him, but I'd love to see you and have you meet Connor. Let me think on that.
Oh, and Heather is due around the 24th of October, I don't think thats exactly right, but around there. Unless she has the same complications as she did with Isabelle in which case she'll go earlier. Who knows, but she's pretty miserable. No fun.
well I am finally having a chance to catch up on the blogs. What a fun trip you had and so sorry that Heather couldn't go and glad you got the rooms straightened out. :) Angela and I both got a chuckle on that one. Poor Misty. Scott will have to do the Elvis for me sometime. I love you all. xoxoxo. And I AM WAY DISAPPOINTED I WILL BE MISSING THE BIG PARTY IN SL AND BALLET. We are still here in Virginia and then to Texas to visit Rebecca and Rick for a few days and then home. Have to be in SL on the 11th. xoxoxoxxo Grandma
Post a Comment