I love all the things I can do! Mom and Dad take me on the fourwheeler, the go-cart, and the tandem bicycle, (don't worry grandma, mom only drives 5 miles an hour around the block...she knew that would probably scare you!!)
We love summer. Jim especially loves to go to the lake on "wakeboard-wednesday," Connor just sleeps under the steering wheel, works out just great. I on the other hand would be quite content just working in the yard. It is an endless project that has become quite the hobby.
For those of you that know, I ended up losing my voice after I had Connor....immediately. At first, I thought that I was just tired, or that my body had to get used to a few changes. After two months, I went to an ENT and he wasn't sure what to make of it, said that if it didn't come back in a month to go to a speech therapist. Nearly six months has gone by, and I still can't sing. It is literally breaking my heart. Everytime I rock Connor to sleep, I ache to sing to him like I always thought I would, like my mom did for me, and I can't and it just hurts. I finally went to a specialist down in St George who concluded that my vocal cords aren't closing adequately which causes the problems. So, now we are working on the reasons why. I am seeing a voice dissorder specialist in July up at the U next month, I think they are going to stick a camera down my throat and put probes on my cords and have me use my voice so that they can see exactly what is going on. Hopefully its easy to fix once we know why.
Other than that, life is going great. We enjoy the summer and seeing all the new things that Connor can do. He has truly been a joy, and although I miss singing, I would go back and trade it again for him. I guess when you tell your Heavenly Father that you WOULD DO ANYTHING to have a baby, don't be surprised when He actually tests you on that. I've learned a few lessons through out this process. Love you all.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
I've gotten soooooo big......see?
Posted by Mari Burgess at 7:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mari I love your sweet heart!~ Connor is so beautiful and it's fun to see him getting so big! If your at Granmas call me and I'll drive out!!! Take care Karen
I MISS YOU!!!!
Love you, Mari
Post a Comment